These decadent Paleo Carrot Cake Cookies taste like carrot cake and take just 15 minutes to make! Made with almond flour, carrots, coconut and cinnamon and no no refined oil or sugar these cookies are grain free, gluten free, Paleo and Vegan with a low calorie option too.
You GUYS it's FRIDAY! That means the weekend is here for baking and making ALL THE COOKIES and boy do I have delicious Carrot Cake Cookie for you today!
For me, Friday means I actually get a weekend. After being in certification trainings the last two weekends, I feel like I've had zero down time. Rewind that. I have had zero down time. Between that, blogging, taxes and school which has gotten increasingly harder, I've been on the go, go, go for three weeks straight. I need this weekend and maybe a lot of wine too. 🙂
I must admit I freaked a little when I looked at the calendar last week and realized it was Easter already and didn't have my Easter recipes made and shot yet. It's March! Isn't Easter in April? My Mom mentioned to me on the phone that Easter was early this year, but I didn't put it together.
Apparently I'm on the slow bus this month. Either that or I'm on the fast bus speeding by not paying attention. Probably the later! The blogging and life struggle is real.
Speaking of struggle, my obsession with carrot cake is real. If you saw the carrot cake from earlier this week, then you know what I mean. I hope you don't mind two carrot cake recipes in one week and I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you won't mind either because these Paleo Carrot Cake Cookies are like no others!
Now I know you're wondering how Paleo Carrot Cake Cookies could taste like cake. Well, they do! Don't judge a food until you try it!
For these, it's all about the cinnamon, almond extract and shredded coconut that make the flavors come together in that traditional carrot cake flavor.
The almond flour gives them an added decadent texture too. I topped my Paleo Carrot Cake Cookies with Reddi-whip and it was such a delicious treat.
I could eat them everyday and honestly, I wouldn't have gotten through the last few busy weeks without them!
Paleo Carrot Cake Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a standing mixer or hand mixer, add maple syrup, almond extract, salt, baking soda and cinnamon and mix to combine.
- Add 1/2 cup of almond flour to the mixer and combine. Once combined add another 1/2 cup. Repeat the process until 2 cups are combined.
- Next add 1 tbsp coconut oil and mix slowly. Repeat for the next 2 tbsp of oil. Last fold in the shredded coconut and carrots to the mixture by hand.
- Using a medium sized ice cream scooper to scoop out 12 cookies onto the baking sheet.
- Gently press cookies down with the palm of you hand onto the baking sheet to flatten as these will not spread.
- Bake 12 minutes at 350 degrees F. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on baking sheet 10 minutes prior to remove and placing on a cooling rack.
- Top with Reddi-whip or coconut whip for a tasty and healthy treat!
- Store in the refrigerator so that cookies maintain their structure.
- Makes 12 cookies, 178 calories (with almond flour) or 147 calories (with oat flour)
- For a lower calorie option, substitute the almond flour with oat flour.
- For the shredded carrots, I pulsed carrots in my food processor until lightly shredded.
- My Amazon shop has more products similar to those used for this recipe and that I recommend to my nutrition clients.