Boost your immune system with an Orange Carrot Ginger Juice packed with healthy citrus and carrots. This juice has tons of flavor, a zing of tartness and is full of nourishment. The perfect juice to spring clean your diet! No juicer? No problem! See my hack below. Gluten Free + Low Calorie + Paleo + Vegan
You guys, the last few weeks I've been feeling funky. You know the kind of funky when you're feel worn down like you're teeter tottering on something that may or may not come on? More like praying it's all in your head!
Between school, freelance work I recently picked up (YESSSS!) and speaking LOUDLY at the pool trying to wrangle all the kiddos for swim lessons I've been feeling worn down. A few mornings I didn't even want to go to the gym which is not like me AT ALL. I took a few days off, but was still feeling off.
Then one night I was lying in bed after teaching swim lessons and started coughing up a storm. That was when I knew it wasn't in my head. Something really was brewing which is where this Orange Ginger Citrus Carrot Juice comes in. It something I make whenever I'm feeling sick or worn down.
Orange Carrot Ginger Juice
This time of year can also be tricky as the weather changes and allergens are floating around. This healthy Orange Carrot Ginger Juice is a good way to give the immune system a little extra support to fight off those "air bugs" and get your body ready for longer summer days which are more taxing on the body too.
This Orange Carrot Ginger Juice is packed with citrus which as we know, is popular this time of year and there's a good reason for that! So let's break it down.
- Ginger inhibits bacteria, works as an anti-inflammatory and improves circulation.
- Carrots contain beta carotene that have antioxidants protecting cells from free radical damage and contain vitamin A which helps flush the liver of toxins.
- Oranges have vitamin C which boost immunity, have polyphenols that are known to fight viral infections as well as beta carotene.
- Lemons are rich in vitamin C helping to fight colds and flus, alkalizes the body, cleanse the liver and help to eliminate waste from the GI track.
To say this juice is immunity packed would be an understatement. Oh, and did I forget to mention it's absolutely delicious?
It's a thirst quencher! It's citrus-y with a hint of spice and I love anything tart and tangy so this definitely fits the bill! No juicer? No problem! See the recipe instructions for a simple hack to make juice in a blender and turn it into a juice with a cheap mesh strainer.
Orange Carrot Ginger Juice
- 1 cup carrots
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 orange
- 1 inch ginger sliced
- Place all ingredients in a juicer and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass, add ice and a straw and enjoy!
- Note: If you do not have a juicer, place all ingredients in a blender (just be sure to peel the carrots & orange before). Blend until smooth, then place a mesh strainer over a bowl and pour blended juice over the strainer. Discard the pulp and pour juice into a glass.