I’m Megan! An ex IT consultant turned nutrition practitioner and freelance food photographer from Phoenix, Arizona. I’m the owner of What To Eat Meal Plans, author of Ditch The Diet, a certified cycle instructor and creator of Skinny Fitalicious! I love food, fitness, travel and all things healthy!
Facts about me:
- In 2010, I lost 80 pounds walking.
- I am gluten intolerant which means all the food here is gluten free, low calorie and made with real food ingredients!
- From 2014-2016, I battled multiple mysterious health problems that no one could diagnose. It took years and I went through hell. Eventually, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s disease. Once gluten was removed from my diet, my symptoms disappeared shortly after.
- I have Hashimoto’s disease and had Avascular Necrosis.
- In September 2016, at the age of 38, I had a hip replacement.
- My crazy hormones resulted in me going off hormonal birth control in 2017.
- In 2015, I quit my IT consulting job and started my journey to becoming a nutrition practitioner.
- In July 2017, I graduated from Southwest Institute of Healing Arts and began my practice as a nutrition practitioner. I am also a certified health coach through IIN and hold weight loss and behavioral certifications from NASM.
- Read more about how I became a nutritionist and what I’m doing now or watch the short video at the end of this post.
Skinny Fitalicious provides healthy, gluten-free recipes that are balanced and weight loss friendly. My recipes are meant to help others find delicious versions of traditional foods they love so they can sustain their weight loss.
Many people view weight loss as a temporary restriction of giving up foods they love. But to shed the weight forever, you need to completely overhaul your lifestyle. That means converting to healthy eating for life. That’s why I wrote my book Ditch the Diet, to help others understand what steps to take to make this transition.
Skinny Fitlaicious is meant to inspire you to eat healthier and be the greatest version of you. If I can lose weight and lead a healthy life after overcoming numerous health challenges, so can you! If you need help getting started, I provide one on one nutrition health coaching, group coaching via Facebook and low calorie meal plans.
For questions or to work with me, email me at email@example.com