I’m Megan! An ex IT consultant turned nutritionist and freelance food photographer from Phoenix, Arizona. I’m the author of Ditch The Diet, a certified swim and cycle instructor. I love food, fitness, travel and all things healthy!
Facts about me:
- Seven years ago I lost 80 pounds walking.
- I’m gluten intolerant which means all the food you see here is gluten free!
- From 2014-2016, I battled multiple hormone problems (amenorrhea and Hashimoto’s disease) forcing me to change careers.
- I have Hashimoto’s disease and had Avascular Necrosis.
- In September 2016, at the age of 38, I had a hip replacement.
- My crazy hormones resulted in me going off hormonal birth control in 2017.
- In 2015, I quit my IT consulting job and started my journey to becoming a nutrition practitioner.
- In 2016, I became a certified health coach through IIN.
- In July 2017, I graduated from Southwest Institute of Healing Arts and began my practice as a nutrition practitioner.
- Read more about how I became a nutritionist and what I’m doing now or watch the short video at the end of this post.
Skinny Fitalicious provides healthy gluten-free recipes that are healthy and weight loss friendly. My recipes are meant to help others find delicious versions of traditional foods they love so they can sustain their weight loss.
Many people view weight loss as a temporary restriction of giving up foods they love. But to shed the weight forever, you need to completely overhaul your lifestyle. That means converting to healthy eating for good. That’s why I wrote my book Ditch the Diet, to help others understand how to take steps to make this transition.
My site is meant to inspire you to be the greatest version of you. If I can lose weight and lead a healthy life overcoming numerous health challenges, so can you! If you need help getting started, I provide one on one nutrition health coaching.
Related: Frequently Asked Questions About Me
For questions or to work with me, email me at email@example.com