Healthy Banana Oat Cookies are low calorie made with only 5 ingredients! A high fiber cookie easy to meal prep for a healthy snack low in sugar. Gluten Free + Low Calorie
Cookies! Cookies! Cookies! True story... I ate a cookie a day while losing weight. I knew if I didn't allow myself some of the foods I loved, I would never eat healthy and lose weight for good.
Guess what? It worked! I've kept it off since 2009 and I'm so glad I took this approach to my diet. It's one that I live by to this day!
These low calorie banana cookies are made with just 5 ingredients. The banana replaces oil and some of the sugar in this recipe making it lower calorie and higher in potassium and fiber.
The cookies are higher in fiber from the banana and oats. Fiber is so important for weight loss! I talk about this in my free weight loss training.
The best part is you can customize your banana oat cookies in many ways! I added diary free chocolate chips to mine, but raisins, nuts or seeds would be excellent additions.
What You Need
- Bananas, very ripe
- Gluten Free rolled oats
- Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Optionals: chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, seeds
For a grain-free banana cookie, try my Banana Almond Flour Cookie recipe!
How To Make Banana Cookies
Before starting, ensure your bananas are super ripe so they break down easily and bind the other ingredients. Ripe bananas also ensure the bananas are lightly sweetened. I added a small amount of real maple syrup to my cookies to sweeten the deal, but you can omit that.
I don't recommend using artificial sweeteners. They are actually sweeter than real sugar and are known to increase cravings and cause digestive issues.
Once you have your ingredients, preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper then mix the banana, maple syrup and vanilla together in a bowl.
Add the remaining ingredients then scoop the batter onto your baking sheet using a tablespoon measuring spoon. You'll need 1 to 1 1/2 heaping tablespoons of the batter to form the cookies. Once you drop the batter on the baking sheet, form it with your hands into cookies. Bake 12-14 minutes then remove from the oven, cook and enjoy!
More Oat Recipes!
Healthy Banana Oat Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with the maple syrup and vanilla using a fork and stir together until smooth. There should be no remaining banana chunks.
- Add the cinnamon and oats to the bowl and mix together. Add additional ingredients as desired.
- Using a tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop 1 to 1/2 tablespoons of the batter out of the bowl and place it on the baking sheet. Use your hand to form into a cookie. These cookies will not rise or spread so the shape you put them on the baking sheet is how they will look after baking.
- Bake 12-14 minutes then remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before enjoying.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 10 days or in the freezer up to 60 days.