Skinny Strawberry Shortcake made nutritionally balanced with protein & oats in biscuit form for a portioned controlled dessert or snack. Perfect for those watching their weight or trying to lose weight. Gluten Free + Low Calorie
It’s so easy to take for granted what’s right in front of you. No matter how much I have or how much I achieve in reaching my life goals, I find myself always craving more. Feeling like I’m never quite good enough despite having everything I have, and having achieved as much as I have at a young age.
That feeling of trying to succeed is something I’ve been chasing for as long as I can remember that I honestly, no longer know what it means to be successful. It’s like an evil curse I can’t get away from.
What is the definition of success? This is what I asked my best friend when I was struggling, frustrated because I have another trademark issue with my first eBook. She reminded me to be thankful for my “success” and everything I’ve achieved around this little blog.
It got me thinking how I never feel fulfilled with anything. Ever. Take the guy for instance. I’ve been waiting FOREVER for someone awesome to come into my life and now that he’s here I catch myself worrying about the future instead of being in the moment enjoying the the present moment together. I hate how my mind always has to be two steps into the future instead being in the present.
In my nutrition practice, I see a few clients doing this in relation to food. They worry about counting every calorie of food they put in their mouth and calorie burnt. Then they get frustrated because they can’t lose weight despite doing “everything right.”
Well, maybe the key is not doing everything right. Not having a plan. Just being in the present moment enjoying what’s in front of you. That doesn’t mean overindulging, making unhealthy choices or not having a plan. But maybe having a looser plan that gives you some wiggle room. I’ve been doing this healthy thing for over 7 years now and if there’s anything I’ve learned, it’s that you can have your preverbial cake and eat it too.
This Skinny Strawberry Shortcake is a good example of just that. Instead of buying a package of angel food cake or making an unhealthy version of shortcake, you can make a protein-packed one like this that comes pre-portioned so you can be in the moment indulging without obsessing over the ramifications of your food choices. Because if you spend your whole life chasing a number on the scale and avoiding food you love, you will miss out on all your little successes up to this point.
Receive a Sugar Free Meal Plan
When you join the Skinny Fitalicious Email List
Skinny Strawberry Shortcake
For the Shortcake:
For the Topping:
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare a baking with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the ingredients for the biscuits and stir them together until the liquid is dissolved. The batter will be sticky.
- Divide the batter evenly into five equal sections. Place each one onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 F 15-18 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let the biscuits sit on the baking sheet 5 minutes to set before transferring to a wire baking rack to cool.
- While the biscuits cool, combine the ingredients for the topping in a bowl except for the strawberries.
- Prepare the biscuits by layering the topping over them and placing sliced strawberries on top.
Custom Meal Plans
Work with Megan to develop a custom macro or standard meal plan to reach your goals.