Raw Strawberry Cake is a nutrition powerhouse! Made with a cocoa macadamia pecan crust, creamy cashew filling and topped with a strawberry sauce, this is a dessert you cannot resist. Vegan, Paleo, gluten free, grain free & dairy free!
Happy 4th of July! Hopefully you've enjoying a long weekend full of fun and goodies. Today I'm teaching spin then finishing homework and watching fireworks.
Actually, there's been a lot of homework action this weekend. I know. I'm super exciting!
Truth is I have two weeks of homework to get done because next week I'll be out of town. At least, next week I'll get a much needed break. 🙂
I have to tell you though, school has been making me nuts. Sorry, you get no sugar coating on this blog.
I'm taking a raw foods class and have to make a bunch of food, photograph it and talk about how it makes me feel. P.S. Talking about how anything makes me feel is the most painful thing in the world.
Anyway, I'm making really difficult things like smoothies, quinoa, lentils, avocados, juices.
Now, I do realize, some of these things may seem difficult to others but for a healthy living blogger, it just feels like a lot of extra busy work. Like I really need more food to cook! Why can't I pass out of this class?
Then I got smart. I started looking ahead at the assignments so I could two-for-one them; i.e. make the same thing for class that I make for the blog. YEASSS!!! Finally I'm using my brain here.
Last week I had to make a raw dessert which is how this Raw Strawberry Cake came to life.
Ever since I made that raw carrot cake a few months ago (have you tried it? OMG...it's amazing!), I've had raw strawberry cake on the brain. I even had another recipe planned for you today, but this was just too good not to share with you IMMEDIATELY.
So imagine this. A chewy cocoa crust bursting with crunchy pecans, macadamias and coconut with a creamy cashew filling and smothered in a sweet strawberry sauce. Yeah, it's as good as you're imagining.
Now I want you to imagine you have to do zero baking or cooking. That's right! This Raw Strawberry Cake is no bake. It simply could not be any easier to make. All you need is a blender or food processor to mix the layers then freeze in a baking and devour! And when I say devour, I mean devour because you will want to eat every ounce of this incredible Raw Strawberry Cake. Enjoy!
Let's not forget about this raw carrot cake goodie either!
Raw Strawberry Cake
For the Crust:
For the Filling:
For the Sauce:
- 4 oz strawberries frozen
- 1-2 drops liquid stevia
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries sliced thinly for topping
- Prepare an 8-inch x 8-inch square baking dish by layering parchment paper crisscross with the sides hanging over. This allows for easy removal.
- Add the ingredients for the crust to a food processor, blend until a sticky mixture forms. Transfer the crust to the baking dish, spread into an even layer pressing the crush firmly into the pan.
- Next place the ingredients for the filling in the food processor and blend until smooth. Add the filling to the top of the crust in an even layer.
- Place in the freezer 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Make the sauce by blending the frozen strawberries with stevia until smooth. Pour the sauce over the cheesecake and spread into an even layer. Add the fresh strawberries to the top pressing them a bit into the sauce.
- Freeze 1-2 hours then remove from the freezer, cut into 16 bars and enjoy. Keep bars in the freezer up to 1 month.