These Healthier Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins are dairy free, made with real food ingredients and are lighter and healthier. A gluten free snack you can't resist! Perfect for post workout, breakfast or a snack! Gluten Free + Low Calorie
This Healthier Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins was originally posted on August 2015. I retested, rephotographed and updated the content for you. Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Who's ready to get on track with some healthier chocolate chip zucchini muffins? After a summer weekend or vacation, I feel like I'm always getting back on track every Monday. If you feel that way, you are definitely not alone!
The biggest complaint I get from readers is how hard it is staying on track during the summer. My advise? Live it up! You might be surprised by that, but summer is very short in the course of year.
And, if you're someone who eats generally healthy during the week and prioritizes lean protein and veggies on weekends to balance out the snacks and goodies, then it's no big deal.
But if eating healthy in general is hard for you, then work on making a specific meal during the week healthy. Not every meal. Just one! And, get a friend to keep you accountable. That's why I love the women I coach.
Every Monday they check into the Facebook group and give each other motivation! No judgement, just a positive group of women with a common goal.
It's incredibly fulfilling as a coach to watch relationships and support networks grow when you bring others together.
Speaking of bringing people together, food brings people together too. There's nothing better than a chocolate chip zucchini muffin, but wait. Is there? Oh yes! Healthier Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins!
Made dairy free with real food ingredients. No fake sugar additives or processed ingredients, just real food.
Yes! Treats can be made with real food and these are some darn real food treats!
Healthier Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- 1 cup zucchini shredded, I shredded mine by pulsing in a food processor
- 4 large egg whites room temperature
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups Gluten Free Oat Flour *
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips dairy free
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare a muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with muffin liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, maple syrup, milk, vanilla extract and extra virgin olive oil until smooth. Add the shredded zucchini and stir into the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir to incorporate. Last, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the 12 muffin cavities, dividing it evenly among each cavity.
- Bake at 400 F for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted clean in the muffins.
- Cool the muffins in the pan 10 minutes before removing and placing on a wire baking rack to cool completely. Store in the refrigerator up to 7 days.
What I Used For The Recipe