This High Protein Veggie Egg Bake is loaded with veggies and protein for a healthy breakfast. Great option for meal prepping or a weekend brunch! Low Calorie + Low Carb + Gluten Free
Egg bakes loaded with veggies are my favorite way to start the day and how I recommend my clients start theirs too. They're high protein and fiber and the best way to eat low calorie while keeping your blood sugar happy (more about this in this training).
Veggie Egg Bake
And because I know from working with weight loss clients that eating enough veggies can be a real challenge, a healthy egg bake is the best way to sneak them into your diet without even trying!
Veggies are loaded with fiber and water. Two ingredients very important for losing weight and maintaining a healthy diet.
This egg bake is loaded with many of them and it's loaded with protein. Eggs and cottage cheese are the winning combo. Have you had cottage cheese in eggs before? It tastes so good! It makes the eggs setup much better.
What You Need
- Cottage Cheese
- Frozen Spinach
- Red Bell Pepper
- Garlic Powder, Onion Powder
- Salt, Pepper
How To Make A High Protein Veggie Egg Bake
The glory of making egg bakes is they're so easy! Mix everything together in a mixing bowl then bake, slice and eat!
You can throw any veggies you enjoy in this egg bake. The recipe is very forgiving so if you don't like something, swap it out with something else.
For the spinach, I DO recommend buying frozen spinach then thawing and wringing out the water before adding to the bake. If you decide to use fresh spinach or even kale, I recommend sautéing it in a pan before adding it to the bake.
For the cottage cheese, I recommend using a low fat one that's small curd. If you're lactose sensitive, buy a lactose free cottage cheese. And if you don't do dairy at all, you could sub a dairy free yogurt in place of the cottage cheese.
You can substitute whole eggs for the egg whites by dividing the egg whites in half; however, I do not recommend this. This egg bake is a high protein egg bake and what makes it high protein are the large number of eggs whites plus the cottage cheese. When you eliminate half the egg whites, you significantly reduce the amount of protein and increase the calories.
Hope you enjoy the recipe. Let me know how yours turns out!
High Protein Veggie Egg Bake
- Preheat over to 375 F. Prepare a casserole dish 8.5-inch by 5.5-inch by spraying with avocado oil spray and set aside.
- Drain the spinach in a colander then place in a clean towel or in between paper towels and ring out excess water.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the eggs, egg whites and cottage cheese until combined. Add the spinach, mushrooms, broccoli, bell pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Mix together then transfer to the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until the eggs are set in the center. Remove from the oven and cool 5 minutes before slicing into 4 servings and enjoying.
- Store the egg bake in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
- My Amazon shop has more products similar to those used for this recipe and that I recommend to my weight loss clients.
- If you love this recipe, check out my cookbook for more delicious recipes!
- You can substitute whole eggs for the egg whites; however, this will no longer be a high protein egg bake. See the blog post for the explanation on this.