Low Carb Red Pepper Zucchini Frittata! A high protein, veggie packed Paleo breakfast. No crust, easy to make, filling with delicious flavors! Low Carb + Paleo + Gluten Free + Low Calorie
It's Monday and I'm back from L.A.! The weekend at Blogfest/IDEA was a ton of fun, but now I need a vacation from my vacation. Haha!
Secretly, I wanted to stay a few more days and have a solo blogger retreat on the beach so I could download all the ideas in my head and put certain things into action.
Then I remembered I'm on a student budget. I guess I'll pretend Starbucks is the beach!
I promise I'll get a more appropriate recap of the weekend's events up later this week because today we're talking breakfast!
In case you couldn't tell, I'm a HUGE breakfast fan. If I don't load up on eggs and carbs first thing in the morning, I am one cranky lady. Oh yeah, and coffee. Always a must!
I could easily skip lunch or dinner any day, but not breakfast. Hands down my favorite meal of the day.
I don't know what it is, but there's something comforting about a pan of thick, fluffy eggs mixed with sweet, roasted vegetables and salty parmesan cheese bursting in your mouth.
Eggs remind me of pizza which was one of my biggest indulgences pre-weight loss. While I don't crave pizza anymore, I crave eggs morning, noon and night.
Red Pepper Zucchini Frittata
This Red Pepper Zucchini Frittata is awesome with a capital A, if I do say so myself. The roasted vegetables melt in your mouth with the fluffy eggs as you get salty bursts of parmesan in between.
There's a hint of thyme in the background which is a subtle taste that enhances the flavors of the roasted veggies.
This Red Pepper Zucchini Frittata only takes 30-minutes and so simple and easy to make.
Just slice a zucchini and bell pepper, toss in a pan with the eggs, sprinkle with the seasoning and parmesan and 30-minutes later you've got egg pizza. Crustless and tastes amazing!
It stores amazingly well too. I made it before heading leaving for vacation last week and tossed in the freezer so I'd have breakfast to come back to. It really doesn't get easier than that!
Red Pepper Zucchini Frittata
- Preheat oven 350 F. Heat a skillet over medium heat. I used a cast iron skillet.
- Place extra virgin olive oil in skillet then add zucchini in an even layer fully covering the bottom of the skillet. Cook 6-7 minutes flipping once half way through. After flipping, add sliced red pepper on top of the zucchini.
- While they continue to cook, combine the eggs, parmesan, thyme, salt & pepper in a bowl whisking quickly until eggs become fluffy.
- Add egg mixture to skillet and cook 5-6 minutes until the edges are lightly browned.
- Finish baking the eggs in the oven at 350 F for 15-20 minutes until center sets. Cool eggs in the skillet 10-15 before cutting into 4 wedges.