Crockpot Veggie Omelet! Make breakfast easy by letting the slow cooker do the work! This simple make ahead breakfast is loaded with vegetables and protein. The perfect way to start the day. Paleo + Gluten Free + Low Calorie!
Dating someone who doesn't have the best eating habits is a huge reminder of how far I've come with my own eating. The other day the guy told me he eats Fruit Loops for breakfast and a snack at night. OMG. I died. Chemicals + sugar = FAKE FOOD GROSSNESS.
Then he asked if JIF was a good peanut butter. Died again! I told him that was where I drew the line. He's not allowed to see me if he keeps eating JIF. Kidding. I didn't say that, but when he asked for healthier recommendations I more than happily obliged. We'll see how that works out. #GodHelpMe
Sometimes I wish I didn't know the things I know about food and was just one of those people who could blissfully eat anything unaware of what's in food and how bad it is for you. I suppose that's the benefit of losing 80 pounds and becoming a nutritionist, or is it a consequence? Whew. Big question for another day!
On the other, it's a good reminder for me as to how difficult it is for people to make healthy choices. I've been eating this way for so long I forget how easy it is for me to make healthy choices, and breakfast seems to be one meal that trips people up.
When I meet with my clients, they're almost always not eating it, not eating enough or not eating the right things. The response I get is they don't have time. Well, I've got a breakfast hack today that involves no cooking because the crockpot does the work with this Crockpot Veggie Omelet!
I meal prep frittatas, egg muffins and mason jar eggs to make breakfast a breeze during the week. Now I'm adding this easy dump and bake Crockpot Veggie Omelet to the gang. Just toss your favorite veggies in the crockpot with some eggs, a little milk, seasonings and you've got breakfast for days.
Even better! This Crockpot Veggie Omelet takes just 90 minutes to make. For you early risers, you could easily dump and bake this before running out the door.
Get up, dump everything in the crockpot, workout, get ready, check the crockpot and serve it with salsa up for a healthy, veggie-protein packed breakfast. Hey, it's not as perfect as eating freshly cooked eggs, but it's certainly a lot better than Fruit Loops!
Crockpot Veggie Omelet
- Grease the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray or you can also lay plastic wrap inside your slow cooker for easy removal and cleanup.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir in the onion, spinach and bell peppers. Any veggies will work in this, also cooked bacon or sausage would be great too!
- Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Cook 90 minutes on high. Check at 60 to see if eggs are set. This is how long it took mine. If not set, cook another 20-30 minutes until set. The timing will vary slightly slow cooker to slow cooker so best to check.
- Slice into 4 wedges and serve immediately!
What I Used For The Recipe