No Bake HEALTHY Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls with 5 ingredients that's simple and easily customizable. A candy bar tasting goodie you can't resist! Vegan + Gluten Free + Low Calorie
HEY. YOU. GUYS! Who remembers that movie? It's an oldie but a goodie! Speaking of goodie, do I ever have a candy bar tasting goodie for you today.
Allow me to introduce you to Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls. No bake, only 5 ingredients, completely customizable and totally H-E-A-L-T-H-Y. Can we say Hell YEAH!!!
And these Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls aren't made with just any protein either. They're made with the new Vega Clean!
So you know how much I love Vega protein powder. Last month they sent me their new Vega Clean and it could not have come at a better time. Remember when I told you I cut way down on the sugar in my diet? Vega Clean has only 1 gram of sugar. BAM! I'm in love.
I also love Vega Clean because, like their other protein powders it's non-GMO Project verified, gluten-free, made with no dairy or soy, artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners. Vega Clean has 25 grams of complete protein from pea, hemp, alfalfa and pumpkin. Oh yeah, it tastes AH. MAZING. But enough about the protein. Let's talk balls!
Oops...did that sound bad? I should really get a boyfriend and stop playing with my food.
I mean if there is one thing you should do in life, it is this. The roast brings out the oils in the nuts and just makes them like WHOA great tasting.
After you roast then all you do is blend, roll, refrigerate and devour, and when I say devour I mean devour. These Peanut Butter Protein Balls taste just like candy bars, only I couldn't decide on which one so you have to try them and tell me. They are a simple, awesomely healthy and tasty treat!
P.S. These chocolate protein cookies are wonderful too. Just in case you're looking for an excuse to make more goodies!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place peanuts on a baking sheet and roast in the oven 5-7 minutes. Once you start to smell them, they are done. If the peanuts are shelled, carefully remove the shells. They will come off easily after roasting.
- Place peanuts in a food processor or blender and blend on high several minutes until it turns into peanut butter.
- To the peanut butter, add the dates. Blend until the dates and peanut butter are incorporated.
- Next add the apple sauce and protein powder. Blend the ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Roll the batter into 18 balls. You may need to wet your hands a little to keep the batter together. Insert 3 dark chocolate chips into each bite. Place in the refrigerator 1-2 hours to set before DEVOURING!
- Keep bites in the refrigerator up to 12 days or in the freezer up to 60 days.