Thick & chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cookies made with whole food ingredients, no oil or refined sugar. Just real food! An outrageously delicious snack that's only 69 calories. Gluten Free + Low Calorie + Dairy Free + Vegan
Just letting you know these Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cookies are sponsored by Naked Nutrition!
A client told me the other day she can't lose weight because she has a sweet tooth. I promptly corrected her and told her she can lose weight and eat sweets at the same time. It was at that moment I realized how many of you are stuck in the diet mentality and have it all wrong. So listen up!
Have I ever told you the story about how I lost 80 pounds? Well, in case you're new around here and , here's the short and skinny. I lost 80 pounds in 2010 walking every day and eating better. That's all. Oh, but wait. I forgot to tell you the part about how I ate a chocolate chip cookie every day.
WHOA. Hold the phone! Say WHATAHATHATHAT?!?
Yep! You can lose weight and eat cookies at the same time. I am evidence of this fact! Every day I ate one chocolate chip cookie for lunch, and most days I still do that. Only these days, it can comes in the form of a healthy muffin or brownie. But that cookie a day was just enough to satisfy my craving for something sweet without sabotaging my weight loss goals.
You see the problem is we are wired to think our lives have to be all or nothing. You either eat ALL HEALTHY or ALL UNHEALTHY. But who ever said you couldn't eat somewhere in between? That in between, in my opinion, is the sweet spot. You get a little bit of everything without over or under doing it.
Of course, if you're going to eat in the middle you can't just eat any old cookie. At a minimum, you need to avoid processed and refined foods. They do funky things to your body, and can even cause weight gain which is why I'm always on the hunt for brands that share my love for quality ingredients that have nothing added to them like Naked Nutrition!
Naked Nutrition has an incredible pea protein powder that I'm in love with, and you know I'm picky about my protein powders. This one is lightly sweetened with only 3 ingredients. Pea protein, coconut sugar and cocoa powder. That's all!
What better to do with that protein than to turn it into a batch of thick and chewy chocolate chip cookies loaded with protein! Not only that, those cookies are low in sugar and balanced with nutrients. Perfect for satisfying an afternoon craving!
Oh, but it gets better! These aren't just any chocolate chip cookies. These are Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cookies made with powdered peanut butter also from Naked Nutrition. Yep, this is a two for one deal! That powdered peanut butter only has one ingredient....peanuts! The way any peanut butter should be.
That peanut butter gives the cookies an extra buzz of nutty flavor. I mean who doesn't love a cookie packed with chocolate and peanut butter? They're my two favorite cookies combined into one.
Even better, these Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cookies weigh in at only 69 calories with almost 6 grams of protein each. Now that's what I call a cookie jackpot! Now go make a batch and stop thinking you're on a diet.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cookies
- 1/2 cup powdered peanut butter
- 1/3 cup vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp flax meal + 2 tbsp water soaked 1 hour or 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a standing or hand mixer, add the flax egg, vanilla extra, sugar and milk and blend until smooth.
- Fold into the batter the protein powder, coconut flour, baking soda and powdered peanut butter.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of batter onto the cookie sheet. With the palm of your hand, spread them into a circular shape and flatten as these will not spread on there own.
- Add 4-6 chocolate chips to each cookie, pressing them gently into the dough.
- Bake cookies 10-12 minutes until firm and edges are browned.
- Remove cookies from the baking sheet with a spatula and place on a wire rack to cool 10 minutes prior to devouring.