Healthy Protein Banana Pudding with cottage cheese is a tasty treat that is packed with protein and takes just minutes to make! Gluten Free + Low Calorie
You will love this healthy banana pudding recipe packed with protein! Cottage cheese is the sneaky ingredient that replaces the custard used in traditional banana pudding recipes.
If you do not like cottage cheese, do not worry because you cannot taste it in this recipe!
The best part is this simple protein banana pudding is easy to make and comes together in just 5 minutes.
Why I Love This Recipe
- Protein Packed - There's 29 grams of protein in each serving.
- Low Calorie - Each serving has 261 calories which is much lower than traditional banana pudding recipes. The serving sizes are large so you could even divide this recipe into fourths to reduce the calories more.
- Easy - Just toss the ingredients in a blender or food processor, chill and enjoy!
- Simple Ingredients - All the ingredients are basic and easy to find.
Ingredients For Banana Pudding With Cottage Cheese
Here's what you need to make healthy protein banana pudding! For full ingredient measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Low Fat Cottage Cheese - This is the main ingredient for this banana pudding and gives it its protein boost and creaminess!
- Banana - I recommend a banana that is subtly ripe. One that is green will be bitter and not sweet enough for banana pudding.
- Maple Syrup - I used a sugar free one to keep it sweet, yet light in calories.
- Vanilla Extract
For ingredients substitutions, see the section below.
Substitutions For Cottage Cheese Banana Pudding
- Cottage Cheese - I used low fat cottage cheese for this recipe. You can use full fat, nonfat or lactose free. Greek yogurt would be a good substitute for cottage cheese.
- Banana - Banana pudding isn't banana pudding without the banana so don't omit this.
- Maple Syrup - Any sweetener that you enjoy can be used in place of the maple syrup.
- Vanilla Extract - You can omit this, but it does provide the banana pudding with it's great flavor. Almond extract could be used too.
- Cinnamon - This is optional, but highly recommended.
How To Make Banana Pudding with Protein
Here's how to make healthy banana pudding with protein. It's super easy!
Step Two - Transfer the batter to two small bowls, top with sliced bananas and sprinkle of cinnamon. Chill for 30 minutes then serve with vanilla wafer cookies or whatever you like!
FAQ's for High Protein Banana Pudding
Is Banana Pudding Sweet?
The sweetness will depend on the ripeness of your banana. A ripe banana paired with maple syrup will give banana pudding the perfect amount of sweetness. If you want yours sweeter, you can add more sweetener to yours.
How Long Does Banana Pudding With Cottage Cheese Stay Good For?
Banana pudding lasts up to 5 days in a container in the refrigerator.
Is Banana Pudding with Protein A Healthy Snack?
Yes, banana pudding is a healthy snack and this version is packed with protein making it better for you than the traditional recipe.
How To Store Cottage Cheese Banana Pudding
- Refrigerator - You can store banana pudding with cottage cheese in the refrigerator up to 5 days in an airtight container.
- Freezer - I do not recommend freezing banana pudding. I have not tried freezing it myself, but I think the moisture from freezing would dilute the delicious flavor.
What To Serve With Banana Pudding
- Vanilla Wafer Cookies - This the most traditional way to enjoy banana pudding!
- Whipped Cream - A low fat whipped cream is what I recommend.
- Graham Crackers - You can crush them and top the pudding with them.
- Crushed Nuts - Walnuts, pecans or any nuts you like you can roughly chop and sprinkle on top for serving.
More Cottage Cheese Recipes To Try
- Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- Cottage Cheese Waffles
- Cottage Cheese Cookies
- Cottage Cheese Aflredo
- Cheesecake Overnight Oats
Healthy Protein Banana Pudding
- Add the ingredients to a blender or food processor. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the batter to two small bowls, top with sliced bananas and sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Chill for 30 minutes then serve with vanilla wafer cookies or whatever you like!
- Recipe makes 2 servings. One serving equals 1/2 of the recipe.
- Use a banana that is ripe not one that is green as it will make the recipe bitter.