Rich & decadent Double Chocolate Cottage Cheese Cookies! These mouthwatering cookies are unsuspectingly delicious, gluten free and low calorie. A high protein strange, but good snack! Gluten Free + Low Calorie
The bad news is, it’s Monday. BOO…. But the good news is I made you COOKIES!!! Nothing better than a good ‘ole cookie brighten up a Monday. Okay so maybe a muffin would do too. Or maybe anything with chocolate for that matter, but that’s besides the point!
Peeps! These aren’t just any cookies. These are protein packed Double Chocolate Cottage Cheese Cookies that taste like rich, decadent melt-in-your-mouth ooey gooey cheesecake.
Remember those Cottage Cheese Pancakes a few weeks ago? I warned you I’d be putting cottage cheese in ALL THE THINGS after that deliciousness and I’d like to say these Double Chocolate Cottage Cheese Cookies were just about the best idea ever. I’m thinking cottage cheese is the new Greek yogurt!
But before we get all mushy on chocolate-y cheesecake goodness cookies, I wanted to tell you guys I’m seeing a new hip surgeon today about my surgery. A triathlete at my gym recently had a replacement done by this doctor who does the surgery anterior (in the front) with a robot.
I’ve with a lot of doctors and have begged every one of them to consider a different surgery method for me given how young I am and the high probability that I’ll need multiple revisions throughout my life.
Traditional hip replacements are done anterior aka through the big bad butt. The problem with this method is there are a lot of muscles damaged during the surgery making the healing process very long. It’s extremely invasive and I’m young. I don’t have it in me to sit around for six weeks waiting for things to heal then working for months after that to regain my strength.
I’m praying this doctor will help me. It makes me sad that many doctors are unwilling to treat patients differently. I’m not a 60 year, inactive person here doctors! Honestly I’d like to just ignore the fact that I need a hip replacement altogether because it is so UNFAIR. But I’m also tired of living my life with limitations.
So *fingers crossed* I get good news today. While you’re praying for me, feel free to devour all these cheese-y chocolate-y unsuspectingly strange but good Double Chocolate Cottage Cheese Cookies. Did I mention they’re only 154 calories? That means you can surely eat two!
[Tweet “Low Calorie #GlutenFree Double #Chocolate Cottage Cheese Cookies are OMG delicious!”]
3 Smart Strategies To Stop Cravings
BONUS when you sign up!
Double Chocolate Cottage Cheese Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment or slip mat paper.
- Using a food processor or blender, mix together the egg white, cottage cheese, vanilla extract, salt & coconut oil.
- Then add the baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and oat flour. Blend until the ingredients are fully combined.
- Transfer the batter to a mixing bowl, add the chocolate chips and fold them into the batter to disperse them.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop scoops of the batter onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees F or until the center of the cookies are firm and set.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool 5 minutes. While cookies are cooling, sprinkle powdered sugar on top to set. Devour!
Custom Meal Plans
Work with Megan to develop a custom macro or standard meal plan to reach your goals.