This Healthy White Chicken Chili post was sponsored by S&W Beans and all opinions expressed in my post are my own!
Healthy White Chicken Chili! A flavorful, hearty chili make with a few simple ingredients. A fiber and protein rich meal that will feed many. Easy to make in 20 minutes of less! Gluten free + Low Calorie
I see beans getting a bad wrap a lot these days with the various health and diet trends. As a nutrition practitioner, this saddens me. Beans are a wonderfully healthy food, packed with fiber, vitamins and protein.
If you're vegetarian or vegan, they're one of the best ways to get protein in your diet. It makes me sad when I see various websites talking about eliminating beans.
Unless you've had food sensitivity testing, eliminating foods from your diet is simply a guess. My guess is most people are suffering from gut inflammation due to bacterial imbalances which could be a result of SO MANY THINGS.
While eliminating certain foods may temporarily alleviate that, it's likely if the real issue isn't treated those problems will come back once those foods are re-introduced into your diet.
In my opinion, there's no better way to eat beans than in a bowl of warm, hearty, stick to your ribs chili. This Healthy White Chicken Chili is just that! Made with simple ingredients - chicken, green salsa, coconut milk and S&W White Chili Beans.
S&W Beans have become a personal favorite of mine. Unlike other beans, their quality is so much better. You will see what I mean when you open up a jar of them. They come in various varieties as well as 50% less sodium and organic. Versatile and convenient for EASY meals! And you know how much I love to make meal time easy.
This White Chicken Chili comes together in 20 minutes using one large pot. Simple enough for a quick week night dinner, or to meal prep in advance and take with you for a healthy and hearty lunch on the go! It also makes a great freezer friendly meal. It's always a good idea to have soup in the freezer as a healthy option. Makes busy nights much easier because soup can defrost quickly.
For the recipe, I used a jar of green salsa and two hatch chiles. If you can't find hatch chiles fresh, take a peak on the canned goods aisle at the store. They're often hidden there. Where you'll pick up your S&W Beans!
Now through 12/31/2017 S&W Beans is offering $1 off 2 cans of S&W Beans. Print your coupon from the S&W Beans website HERE to make your chili.
Healthy White Chicken Chili
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts 4 ounces each, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 15 oz white beans can 50% less sodium
- 16 oz green salsa
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups vegetable broth no sodium added
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup white onion diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 hatch chiles diced
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Optional toppings: limes, cilantro, avocado
- Place the chicken breasts pieces into the pot with coriander and cumin.
- Cook the chicken 5-6 minutes until cooked fully then add green salsa, lime juice, coconut milk, broth and water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover 12-15 minutes.
- Place beans with their liquid in the pot and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator up to 1 week.