Gooey, Chocolatey Strawberry Chocolate Chip Skillet Cake! Low sugar & made with healthier, wholesome ingredients, you will fall in love with this indulgent weight watcher friendly dessert! Gluten Free + Low Calorie
Friends! It’s National Best Friend’s Day! I’m deviating from my regular posting schedule to share this extra SPECIAL recipe with you. Strawberry Chocolate Chip Skillet Cake! YUM!!! I know you want to grab a spoon and dive in.
Kelli and I met last year at IDEA, a health and fitness conference. From the moment we met at the airport, we instantly hit it off and were stuck together like glue. We laughed so much that weekend I swear my abs never had such a good workout.
I actually met Kelli before the conference. I had been stalking her blog for years because she always had a wealth of information. Then one day she contacted me about my amenorrhea so we met for coffee and talked about my complicated hormone history with her. I also recommended my functional doctor who was able to help get her periods back naturally.
Even though we met months prior to the conference, we didn’t hit it off until that weekend away. Since then we’ve been inseparable and I’m thankful every day to have her in my life. It’s hard as a middle-aged, single woman to find good friends. As friends get married, have children and move away, it’s hard to maintain those friendships. Friends you can depend on whenever you need them are hard to come by which is why you hold onto them whenever you find them, and Kelli is a friend I couldn’t imagine my life without!
So let’s cheers to best friends by diving into this Strawberry Chocolate Chip Skillet Cake!
This cake is one you can feel good about eating because it’s made with wholesome ingredients. Healthier and lighter so it’s waist friendly, yet just as good as the real deal! As you know, I like to keep the sugar content low of my recipes low sugar, and this one falls into that category. The strawberries add natural sweetness and that’s enough for me!
Top with dairy free ice cream (I like vanilla coconut milk), sprinkle with extra mini chips, grab your bestie, two spoons and dive into this decadent Strawberry Chocolate Chip Skillet Cake! Laugh, cry, indulge and live!
Receive a Sugar Free Meal Plan
When you join the Skinny Fitalicious Email List
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Skillet Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a medium cast iron skillet by lightly greasing with coconut oil and place in the oven until ready.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a larger mixing bowl, mix together the egg, maple syrup, sugar and salt until the sugar is fully combined and egg is broken down.
- To the egg mixture, fold in add half the flour mixture. Then stir in the coconut oil (this prevents the oil from hardening in the liquid). Fold in the other half of the flour mixture and stir just to combine. Do not over mix.
- Fold the strawberries and chips into the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared skillet spreading into an even layer.
- Bake at 350 F 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool 5-10 minutes in the skillet before diving in and devouring!
Custom Meal Plans
Work with Megan to develop a custom macro or standard meal plan to reach your goals.