These Healthy Chicken Fingers have the same crunch as fried chicken for a fraction of the calories! Made with 4 ingredients, this Gluten Free meal is one you can feel good about eating! Gluten Free + Low Calorie
I don’t know about you, but I fall hard for a good crispy, piece of breaded chicken. But when I went gluten free a few years ago for my hormone health,
I discovered it was really hard finding good Gluten Free bread. Just because a bread says it’s gluten free doesn’t mean it isn’t processed and full of crap.
If you’ve taken my virtual program, then you know bread is one food I caution my clients on eating especially if they’re trying to lose weight and eat clean. Many breads have questionable ingredients which is why I teach in the course how to find one that works for you!
A few months ago, I found this bread at Sprouts. It’s gluten free with millet and chia. It’s only 70 calories a slice and the ingredients are good to go! I’m not affiliated with them in any way, but I love their bread so if you, like me, have had trouble finding good gluten free store bought bread definitely check them out!
It’s what I used as the breading for this recipe! While flour would work, I really wanted a real breaded chicken finger recipe I could sink my teeth into.
So get your dipping fingers ready because these crispy, oven baked, healthy chicken fingers are calling your name! The best part is you only need 4 ingredients to make them and about 10 minutes. Fast, easy, and so simple! Baked together on a sheet pan for easy clean-up. Great for a no fuss dinner, or meal prepping.
I love making them during the week for a quick dinner with steamed veggies, then eating the leftovers for lunch on a ginormous salad. So good, and really so easy!
Healthy Chicken Fingers
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the two slices of Gluten Free bread until it turns into crumbs.
- Transfer the crumbs to a small bowl, add salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- In separate bowl, add the egg and whisk it with 2 tbsp. water until frothy.
- Make an assembly line with the chicken, egg wash, bread crumbs and baking sheet.
- Dunk a chicken tenderloin into the egg wash then directly in the bread crumb bowl, coating it liberally. Then place on the baking sheet. Repeat for all the chicken until complete.
- Bake at 375 F 12-15 minutes until crispy and chicken is cooked through.
Custom Meal Plans
Work with Megan to develop a custom macro or standard meal plan to reach your goals.