This Healthy Banana Mug Cake is perfect for a single serve, low calorie dessert or snack. Made flourless, gluten free and low sugar in the microwave. Gluten Free + Low Calorie
If you have a sweet tooth, you've come to the right place! This single serve dessert will tame your sweet tooth and the good news is it's guilt-free!
Many of my weight loss clients have the mindset that they need to restrict everything they eat to reach their weight loss goals.
All or nothing mindset will always set you up for self sabotage in the long run, which is why I recommend my clients deliberately plan to include treats they enjoy.
Banana Mug Cake
This single serve mug cake is made with just 6 ingredients and it's made flourless with gluten free oat flour, which is naturally high in fiber. The importance of fiber something I talk about in my weight loss training as being a missing ingredient for most women in their weight loss.
All purpose gluten free flour works here too! I have not tested other flours but if you do, please comment below and let us know. This helps others!
The mug cake is made oil free and lightly sweetened with a teaspoon of coconut sugar. You could omit this or replace with monk fruit or stevia if you like.
Bananas are naturally sweet so you can make it sugar free and top with a little maple syrup or chocolate to enhance the sweetness. And... if you think bananas are bad for weight loss, this is a common misconception. Bananas are higher in fiber making them a great weight loss food!
What You Need
- Very Ripe Banana
- Gluten Free Flour or Oat Flour
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Coconut Sugar
- Optional Toppings: Chocolate Chips, Sprinkles, Shredded Coconut, Maple Syrup
How To Make It
Mug cakes are made in the microwave and this one is made in under 2 minutes!
Mash the banana (for best results it should be very ripe!) with vanilla extract, applesauce and coconut sugar then add the remaining ingredients, transfer to a ramekin spray with a little avocado oil and pop in the microwave for an easy, healthy treat!
More Single Serve Cakes To Try
How To Make A Mug Cake
Healthy Banana Mug Cake
- In a separate bowl whisk together the banana, applesauce, vanilla extract and coconut sugar until smooth. Stir in the oat flour and baking powder until smooth.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared ramekin then cook in the microwave on high for 90 seconds to 2 minutes, or until the cake has setup.
- Add optional toppings like chocolate chips, shredded coconut, maple syrup, sprinkles as desired.