The mindset of never giving up and doing what it takes for as long as it takes is what Katie describes kept her going on her weight loss journey!
My client Katie was on the podcast a few years ago and now she's back a few years later to discuss her journey and the very real ups and downs of losing weight that no one talks about.
Many individuals have specific timeframes in their heads about how long weight loss should take, but their expectations are unrealistic when you factor in different life events.
This is exactly what happened to Katie. Different life events popped up at various times throughout our coaching that would slow her progress temporarily.
In the past, Katie would quit and give up when she was doing other diets. Katie shares with you how and why she kept going with the process that I teach women over 35.
Before working with me, Katie had done many traditional diets. However, those diets didn't teach her to deal with her everyday life struggles. Diets gave her rules and meal plans, which were only good until in life happened that caused her to quit.
When Katie signed up to work with me, she told herself she was not going to quit and would do this for as long as it takes. She shares with you how long her weight loss journey really has taken her and why others need to reset their expectations.
Katie discusses how her mindset was the missing piece for her and how the mindset of never giving up helped her tremendously in creating a lifestyle she can do forever.
Looking back, she shares with you in this podcast episode how she realizes that she had a distorted mindset about what it meant to lose weight and change her lifestyle back then. Today her mindset is completely different!
Additionally, Katie talks about failure - something she says other women need to understand.
In this episode, Katie shares her very real ups and downs of weight loss for women, adopting a new lifestyle and how long it took her. You can't Amazon prime your body and habits!
This is part of the reason why I ask her and other clients to come on the podcast so other women can hear from real women who've had the same struggles as them!
Katie lost 25 pounds and is still going strong. Listen to the episode for Katie's advise for you in your weight loss journey and more nuggets of mindset advise!
In this Dish on Ditching Diets Podcast Episode, You Will Hear:
- The Real Ups & Downs Of Weight Loss
- Why Diets Always Failed Katie
- Why You Need To Learn To Fail
- Katie's Never Give Up Mindset
- What Made Katie Never Quit
- Why You Can't Amazon Prime Your Body
- How Katie Had A Distorted View Of What It Meant To Create A Healthy Lifestyle
- Why You Must Delay Instant Gratification
- Katie's Advise For Other Women Losing Weight
Related Dish On Ditching Diets Podcast Episodes
- Why You Need To Stop Negative Self Talk: Katie's Transformation
- Beating Emotional Eating At 69: Elaine's Transformation
- Losing Menopausal Belly: Deb's Transformation
- Sick & Tired of Feeling Sick & Tired: Laura's Transformation
- Weight Loss Is An Emotional Journey: Karen's Transformation
- From Nighttime Snacker To Meal Prepper: Martha's Transformation
- There Must Be Something Wrong With Me: Dawn's Transformation
- Weight Loss Secret I Never Knew: Jessica's Transformation
- Losing 25 Pounds: Rose's Transformation
- Self Compassion To Lose Weight: Desiree's Transformation
- Stop Beating Yourself Up To Lose Weight: Shane's Transformation
- Losing 30 Pounds After Fad Dieting: Anne's Transformation