Stop beating yourself up to lose weight! In this Dish On Ditching Diets podcast episode, my client Shane shares her weight loss journey with you to creating a sustainable lifestyle to losing weight for good.
Shane spent 5 years dedicated to trying out many diets such as fasting and Whole30. She had a lot of nutrition knowledge prior to us working together in my 6-month coaching program.
One of the things you are going to hear in this episode that Shane discusses is how she created habits she could see herself doing for life.
During previous diets she did, she was really great at following strict diet rules and being perfect during the timeframe she was “dieting.”
Then she would stop doing the diet, fall back into old habits, and while she would lose weight, she always gained the weight back because she wasn’t creating a sustainable lifestyle.
She didn’t know how to lose weight without being strict and following perfect diet rules. Unfortunately, this is what I see many women over 35 trying to do.
They are attempting to lose weight, but do not realize that they are not creating a lifestyle habits that they can do until the day they die to keep weight off permamently.
So they lose weight and gain it back, and then they’re on this weight loss merry-go-round forever and feeling like a failure.
And like so many women over 35 I talk to, Shane told me in our first call together that her weight problem must be her hormones and that her hormones must be why she couldn’t lose weight.
But her hormones were not the problem.
The real problem was she was not creating sustainable habits she could repeat until the day she died and she did not understand how to include all foods she enjoys in balance.
These are things we worked on together in coaching!
Shane really took the time to slow down during the beginning of our coaching to learn how to balance all foods in her diet (not simply cut them out) and dive into her mindset.
She was patient and willing to dig into her mindset and work on healthy, balanced behaviors with food.
Something Shane shares with you in this podcast episode is how she didn’t realize until our coaching together how much she was beating herself up, how punitive and negative she was towards herself, how much she put herself down and how she would even put herself down in front of other people.
She didn’t realize until she went through our coaching how much her mindset and negativity towards herself was impacting her food choices and causing her to gain weight.
Shane shares with you what she learned during weight loss coaching. Specifically, how she learned to stop beating herself up to lose weight and so many other nuggets of helpful advice!
I love having clients on the podcast to share their weight loss journey with you because you can learn so much from them that will help you.
I hope you enjoy the episode and if you need help with beating yourself up to lose weight listen to more podcast episodes and consider joining one-on-one coaching!
In this Dish on Ditching Diets Podcast Episode, You Will Hear:
- Shane’s Weight Loss Journey Prior To Working With Me
- How Shane Discovered Me Through Peanut Butter
- Shane’s Thoughts On Whole30 and Losing Weight
- What Shane Realized In Coaching About Her Negative Mindset
- How Shane Identified Her Negativity Was Impacting Her Relationship With Food
- Shane’s Advice For Other Women Over 35 Trying To Lose Weight Permanently
Related Dish On Ditching Diets Podcast Episodes
- Maintaining Weight Loss: Anne’s Transformation 2 Years Later
- Losing 25 Pounds: Rose’s Transformation
- Self Compassion To Lose Weight: Desiree’s Transformation
- Beating Emotional Eating At 69: Elaine’s Transformation
- Losing Menopausal Belly: Deb’s Transformation
- Sick & Tired of Feeling Sick & Tired: Laura’s Transformation
- Weight Loss Is An Emotional Journey: Karen’s Transformation
- From Nighttime Snacker To Meal Prepper: Martha’s Transformation
- There Must Be Something Wrong With Me: Dawn’s Transformation
- Weight Loss Secret I Never Knew: Jessica’s Transformation
- Why You Need To Stop Negative Self Talk: Katie’s Transformation