Maintaining weight loss is almost impossible because traditional diets do not teach you sustainable habits to maintain weight loss. Without sustainable habits, you are guaranteed to gain weight back.
Traditional diets only teach you to restrict and deprive yourself so when you’re finished with that restrictive diet, you have no idea how to eat to maintain that weight loss. Then you go back to your old eating habits and mindset and gain the weight back!
Traditional diets are a temporary means to losing weight. But if you want to lose weight permanently and make it the last time you ever lose weight, you have to build the sustainable habits up front!
I know many women do not want to hear this, but you are going to have to delay the gratification of losing weight so you can work on your habits first. This is a mindset shift you must make if you want to make this the last time!
When Anne came to work with me in 2020, she was 63 years young and frustrated not only with her lack of weight loss from doing traditional diets like Weight Watchers, but she was also confused about what to do to lose weight. She also hated tracking points!
One thing I preach over and over again in my podcast is the importance of building sustainable, healthy habits and working on your mindset. During the 6-month program, Anne and I worked on both while also educating her on nutrition for fat loss.
Anne lost 25 pounds during our time together and explains in the podcast to you how she was able to achieve that 25 pounds loss without restricting foods or counting calories.
She shares with you how we did not change everything overnight rather, how we worked on baby step changes over the 6 month timeframe.
Simultaneously, we worked on her mindset because behavior change stems from how we think and perceive things in our lives. Behavior change never happens just from “knowing” what to do.
Anne took the leap of faith into coaching and she says the accountability was key in helping her find her way to create a lifestyle that has led to her maintaining weight loss.
Today she has more energy to run around with her grandkids and keep up with all the things she loves to do in life – like gardening and traveling!
What’s so significant about Anne’s transformation is that she not only lost 25 pounds, but she’s also kept it off since we worked together in 2020.
Now it’s 2 years later and she is still practicing her habits to keep her weight off, and she has no desire to go back to what she was doing previously. She has really made this a sustainable lifestyle!
Her doctor also took her off ALL HER MEDICATIONS and we were able to reverse her pre-diabetes diagnosis with coaching.
Anne explains why she believes other women need to take the leap of faith to invest in themselves and how she knows she will maintain this weight loss of 25 pounds for good!
In this Dish on Ditching Diets Podcast Episode, You Will Hear:
- Anne’s Weight Loss Journey Prior To Working With Me
- How Anne Got Off All Her Medications and Reversed Her Pre-diabetes
- What Anne Did To Lose 25 Pounds
- How Anne Has Kept 25 Pounds Off For 2 Years Plus!
- Anne’s Advise To Other Women Over 35 Wanting To Lose Weight
Related Dish On Ditching Diets Podcast Episodes
- Losing 25 Pounds: Rose’s Transformation
- Self Compassion To Lose Weight: Desiree’s Transformation
- Beating Emotional Eating At 69: Elaine’s Transformation
- Losing Menopausal Belly: Deb’s Transformation
- Sick & Tired of Feeling Sick & Tired: Laura’s Transformation
- Weight Loss Is An Emotional Journey: Karen’s Transformation
- From Nighttime Snacker To Meal Prepper: Martha’s Transformation
- There Must Be Something Wrong With Me: Dawn’s Transformation
- Weight Loss Secret I Never Knew: Jessica’s Transformation
- Why You Need To Stop Negative Self Talk: Katie’s Transformation