Lemon Chicken Piccata Zucchini Noodles! An easy, one skillet meal that adds tons of flavor to chicken. Served over zucchini noodles for a lighter, low carb twist on lemon piccata. All the flavor without all the calories! Paleo + Low Calorie + Low Carb + Gluten Free
Thanks for all your sweet messages on yesterday's post friends! The last two months have been a real battle with my health. I'm really ready to get surgery over with, and hopefully, feel better! That said, I'm taking the next few days off to rest and recover.
We're going to San Diego for a long weekend to help me recover so I'll be away form the blog until Monday. But don't forget the FREE training is starting next week. That's a week from today so make sure you're signed up!
Now, let's talk chicken!
I can't tell you how many times clients tell me they can't stand boring chicken. But truthfully, it's such an easy thing to bring flavor too and with few ingredients like this dish. Lemon Chicken Piccata Zucchini Noodles!
We love citrus in my house. It's an easy way to brighten flavors and make the foods and drinks you have more interesting to your taste buds. This dish infuses citrus into lightly breaded almond flour chicken breasts in a skillet. It has the most incredible flavors!
Topped it with zucchini noodles for a lighter, lower carb meal that's healthy, satisfying and nutritious! Sneaking in veggies can be hard for a lot of people. That's why I use low carb substitutions. Not only to cut the amount of unhealthy carbs, but to get more of the good carbs!
From prep to finish, this dish took me 20 minutes to make. An easy way to feed yourself and your family without a lot of effort! Watch for this recipe on an upcoming meal plan.
Lemon Chicken Piccata Zucchini Noodles
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless, skinless (2 large chicken breasts)
- 4 zucchini spiralized
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee lactose free butter
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth reduced sodium
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup capers drained
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Slice each chicken breast in half so they are thinner to make 4 portions. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the top of them and pound them to a 1/2 inch thickness. Alternatively, you can buy them thinly cut at the store.
- Once the ghee is melted and the oil is sizzling, add the chicken breast to the skillet. Cook 5 minutes on each side until lightly browned then remove the chicken breasts from the pan and transfer to a plate.
- To the skillet, add the broth, wine and lemons. Cook on a medium heat until the liquid reduces to half. Add the chicken back into the skillet with the capers and add the dried parsley. Cook the chicken another 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve the chicken immediately over zucchini noodles. For storing, keep the zucchini noodles in a separate container from the chicken.