Crispy, cheesy Sheet Pan Chicken Parmesan baked to perfection with a kick of spice and juicy marinara sauce. A healthy alternative to deep frying that will win over any hungry heart. Gluten Free + Low Calorie Weight Loss Friendly Recipe
Okay guys! I'm hosting a free class on how hormones impact weight loss and I hope you join me. I'll share my 5 Steps to Lasting Weight Loss plus 5 Diet Myths every woman keeps repeating that are just plain wrong and keeping them stuck and frustrated.
Those who attend will also be offered a special opportunity at the end of the class so make sure you watch it to the end!
Let's face it. There's a lot of confusing information out there marketed to women about dieting and weight loss that are simply plain wrong and backed by little science. This frustrates me as much as it frustrated you.
It took me decades to figure out how to lose 80 pounds and I really wish I would have had someone like me to have gotten me on the right path sooner because I feel I lost so much of my life to hiding behind my weight and not participating in opportunities.
One really important thing you need to know is that I can only work with so many woman each month. I only work with woman one-to-one which means I have limited availability and I'm only working with women over 35 with 20 to 50 or more pounds to lose who are 100% committed to losing the weight for good.
There's a lot of programs out there that really just teach you some information. I'm about transforming women's lives. If you think that might be you, join me for the free training and find out if we're a good fit!
Healthy Chicken Parmesan
Now that we got that business out of the way, let's talk about one of my all time favorite recipes. Chicken Parmesan! Except this isn't just any old chicken parmesan recipe. This is HEALTHY CHICKEN PARMESAN made low calorie with wholesome ingredients and baked to perfection on a sheet pan.
Oh wait, did I say sheet pan? Yes! I'm kind of obsessed with making healthy recipes on sheet pans. They're easy and simple to clean up!
I have a few sheet pan recipes here on the blog for you to checkout. Some of my personal favorites are One Pan Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Brussels Sprouts, One Pan Coconut Shrimp and One Pan Salmon Asparagus and Sweet Potato.
Crispy, cheesy, oven baked chicken with a spicy kick! It's fried chicken that's lighter, juicer and NOT fried!
Add marinara sauce to the sheet pan with spinach to bake with the chicken. It makes it extra juicy and moist!
Serve the chicken with the marinara and spinach on top. It will give you Healthy Chicken Parmesan the real deal feel. You can add whole grain pasta to the dish too if you're really feeling pasta-licious!
Sheet Pan Chicken Parmesan
- 3 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 15 ounce marinara sauce no salt added
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups organic spinach
- 3/4 cup almond flour plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons Parmigiano Regiano grated
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare a nonstick baking sheet by sprinkling 1 tbsp. of almond flour over it. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the egg with 2 tbsp. water. Whisk together until frothy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining almond flour with spices, salt, pepper & cheese. Sift together until mixed well.
- Create an assembly line by lining everything in the following order - egg wash bowl, almond flour then sheet pan.
- Dip a chicken breast into the egg wash, then immediately into the flour mixture. Coat the chicken generously with the mixture then shake off a bit before placing on the sheet pan. Repeat for remaining chicken breasts.
- Drizzle the chicken with the extra virgin olive oil, dividing it evenly among the chicken breasts.
- Bake 15 minutes then remove from the oven, add marinara sauce and spinach surrounding the chicken breasts.
- Bake another 10-15 minutes until the chicken is crispy and slightly brown and the marinara sauce is bubbly.
- Serve immediately by drizzling each chicken breast with marinara sauce from the pan and spinach leaves.