Whole30 Zucchini Pasta Salad! Replace pasta with spiralized zucchini for a light and refreshing gluten free and dairy free veggie filled pasta salad! Low Carb + Gluten Free + Paleo + Low Calorie + Vegan
For many of you, summer will be coming to an end in a few weeks. Me, on the other hand, summer is here to stay until November.
I love living in Arizona but gosh, the summer really feels like it drags on forever.
I'm so ready for normal weather where I'm not sweating like crazy on my morning walks. On the bright side, the warmer weather has me craving all the vegetables!
Zucchini Pasta Salad
Many of you have requested a lightened up pasta salad and today you're getting it.
Zucchini Pasta Salad! Low in carbs, Paleo and Vegan friendly, dairy free and of course, gluten free and low in calories. Basically, this salad covers everything!
This Zucchini Pasta Salad is made entirely from fresh vegetables. No cooking involved. WOOHOO! The only thing you need to do is prep, toss and eat! It doesn't look like much food, but don't let it deceive you.
All the veggies together are incredibly filling and delicious! And, you can always add chicken breast or shrimp on top for more protein.
The red onion and artichokes in the recipe are gut friendly. Good bacteria love to feed on these so, I guess you could say this is gut healing too!
For the recipe, I used my spiralizer to make large ribbons out of the zucchini to resemble the texture and crunch of al dente pasta.
It made the perfect substitute to carb heavy pasta. A light and refreshing pasta salad for a hot day! Let me know if you try it!
Zucchini Pasta Salad
For the Salad:
- 2 medium zucchini spiralized, #2 blade
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts water drained & roughly chopped
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- In a bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, toss together the vegetables for the salad. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
- If not serving immediately, store the dressing separate from the salad until ready to eat.