Meal Prep Chorizo Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash! This egg free hash is loaded with vegetables, flavor and nourishment. A filling Whole30 breakfast that strikes the perfect balance of sweet & savory! Paleo + Gluten Free + Low Calorie + Low Carb
A breakfast hash of course! I always tell my clients, there's nothing wrong with eating real food for breakfast aka things they would eat for lunch or dinner. Nothing is off limits!
Real food is best. The breakfast food we are accustomed to in our culture, isn't really real food. It's junk filled with sugar and loaded with refined carbs that well, unless you're running a marathon isn't doing anything for you.
Our bodies have a limited ability to store energy from carbs, but it has an unlimited ability to store fat. When we don't utilize energy from carbs, the body converts it to fat and stores it for a rainy day. You see the problem here?
That's why I coach my clients to work on increasing those veggies and lean proteins in their meals. It helps with cravings, blood sugar and keeps you fuller!
Now that we know why we eat real food for breakfast, let's dig into this Meal Prep Chorizo Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash!
In all honesty, this was a throw together meal. I threw a dying sweet potato on my counter with leftover veggies in my fridge from the week into a skillet with ground turkey breast and seasonings and called it breakfast. Really easy!
I made my own chorizo flavored seasoning to keep the recipe lower in fat, but you could definitely use chorizo sausage here. Both are delicious! If you make the recipe, be sure to tag @skinnyfitalicious on Instagram!
Meal Prep Chorizo Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- 1 lb ground turkey breast, 99% fat free *
- 1 cup yellow squash diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 small sweet potato peeled & diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar to a large skillet and bring to medium heat.
- Add the ground turkey breast and sweet potato to the pan with the salt, pepper, minced garlic, cumin, paprika, chili powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme and allspice. Use a spatula break up the meat.
- Cook 5 minutes stirring frequently until the meat is browned. Then add the sliced bell pepper, squash and grape tomatoes to the pan (do not remove the meat).
- Cook another 5 minutes or until the veggies are soft. Remove from the pan and divide into 4 meal prep containers.
- 1 serving equals 3/4 to 1 cup of the hash. I divide mine evenly as possible among the meal prep containers.
- You can also substitute chorizo sausage in the recipe. Note it will change the nutritional values and fat content.
- My Amazon shop has more products similar to those used for this recipe and that I recommend to my nutrition clients.
What I Used For the Recipe