The Best Low Calorie Bacon Broccoli Cauliflower Salad! Made with no mayo, this easy side dish is warm, packed with delicious flavors and quick to make. Low Calorie + Gluten Free + Low Carb
This is truly the best low calorie bacon broccoli cauliflower salad recipe! It's made with just a handful of ingredients, it's simple to make, and it tastes amazing. The perfect side dish for anytime of year!
This recipe is creamy and delicious. You won't even know it's not made with mayo! Swapping mayo with Greek Yogurt also boosts the protein content in the recipe. Don't forget to check out my substitution recommendations at the bottom of this post if you're dairy-free!
What Makes This The BEST Low Calorie Bacon Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Recipe
- Higher Protein - Using Greek Yogurt instead of mayo in this healthy broccoli salad recipe means the protein content is greater. Protein is something I see the majority of my women over 35 weight loss clients very deficient in. This recipe has 8 grams of protein in one serving!
- Low Calorie - 153 calories per serving. Remember calories are not everything. The balance of protein, fat and carbs is important and I work hard to balance the macronutrients to make recipes more filling while keeping them delicious!
- Veggie / Produce Packed - Tons of veggies and fruit in this recipe making it higher fiber, packed with nutrition and delicious!
- Sugar Free - This recipe uses zero calorie sweetener. Of course, you can use regular sugar to add flavor. See the substitutions below for more!
- Easy To Make - This healthy broccoli cauliflower salad recipe takes less than 15 minutes to make. Easy for throwing together a healthy side dish!
- Gluten Free - All ingredients are naturally gluten free. See the substitutions list below for dairy free options.
Low Calorie Bacon Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Recipe Ingredients
To make this healthy broccoli cauliflower salad, here's the ingredients you need!
You can find substitution recommendations in the substitutions section below.
- Red Grapes
- Red Onion
- Greek Yogurt
- Lemon Juice
- White Vinegar
- Stevia or sweetener of choice
- Sunflower Seeds
- Green Onions
How To Prepare Bacon Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
This low calorie bacon broccoli cauliflower salad is super easy to make!
Step One - Cook the bacon according to package instructions. Once the bacon is cooled, crumble the bacon and set aside.
Step Two - In a mixing bowl, mix together the yogurt, lemon juice, vinegar and sweetener.
Step Three - In a large mixing bowl, combine the raw broccoli florets, raw cauliflower, red onion, sliced grapes with the yogurt mixture and bacon. Chill 1 hour prior to serving. You can chill longer if you like!
Step Four - Top with green onions and sunflower seeds for serving!
Raw Broccoli Or Cooked Broccoli For Broccoli Salad
I think this salad is the best using raw broccoli and cauliflower (not frozen). You could blanch the veggies if you like them slightly cooked. I would only recommend blanching 1 minute. I also would not recommend using steamed, roasted or frozen veggies for broccoli salad.
How To Store Bacon Broccoli Salad
- Refrigerator - I recommend chilling this broccoli salad 1 hour prior to serving. You can chill it longer if you like. The salad can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 3 days. It will get soggy if it is kept longer than that.
- Freezing - Can you freeze broccoli salad? Broccoli salad does not freeze well. I do not recommend freezing this salad.
How Many Calories In Broccoli Salad
This broccoli salad has 153 calories for 1 cup which is one serving of the recipe.
What To Serve With Healthy Broccoli Salad
Here's meal ideas for what to serve with low calorie broccoli cauliflower salad!
- Turkey Breast
- Crockpot Pulled Pork
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken
- Everything Bagel Chicken
- Everything Bagel Salmon
- Healthy Chicken Tenders
Substitutions for Low Calorie Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Recipe
Here are the substitutions I recommend you can make for this healthy salad recipe. Remember when you make substitutions, it will alter the nutritional values you see in the recipe card below!
- Bacon - Cooked turkey bacon, Canadian bacon or tempeh would be great substitutes to bacon. Of course, you could also omit it too!
- Greek Yogurt - You can use mayo instead of yogurt. You could also blend cottage cheese in a blender and use that too like I did in this Alfredo recipe.
- Broccoli - I don't recommend substituting the broccoli in this recipe. It would not be a broccoli salad then!
- Cauliflower - If cauliflower does not work for you, I recommend subbing with more broccoli, carrots or Brussels sprouts.
- Red Onion - You can omit the red onion if you like. White onion would be too strong for this recipe.
- Stevia - Monkfruit, maple syrup, honey, coconut sugar, brown sugar or any sugar you prefer may be used instead.
- Sunflower Seeds - You can sub with pine nuts, sliced walnuts, pecans or almonds. Or, you can omit the nuts!
- Dairy Free - For dairy free, you can use mayo or dairy free yogurt instead. Also, a lactose free cottage cheese like Lactose works if you are lactose intolerant. Simply blend the cottage cheese prior to adding to the recipe.
More Healthy Salad Recipes
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
- Tuna Pasta Salad
- Tabbouleh Quinoa Salad
- Asian Broccoli Salad
- Low Calorie Pasta Salad
- Chickpea Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Low Calorie Potato Salad
Low Calorie Bacon Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Cook the bacon according to package instructions. Once the bacon is cooled, crumble the bacon and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the yogurt, lemon juice, vinegar and sweetener.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the raw broccoli florets, raw cauliflower, red onion, sliced grapes with the yogurt mixture and bacon. Chill 1 hour prior to serving. You can chill longer if you like!
- Top with green onions and sunflower seeds for serving!