Healthy Molasses Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins lightly sweetened with applesauce, brown sugar and molasses. A tasty chocolate treat packed with fall spices, irresistible flavors and 127 calories each! Gluten Free + Vegan + Low Calorie
Speaking of fast, today marks 10 weeks since surgery. I can’t believe how fast this recovery has gone. Compared to my previous injury recoveries that felt like they lasted an eternity, this one was a breeze. Either I just have this down to a science or my recovery rate was much higher this time. I’m going with the later.
Don’t get me wrong, there certainly have been challenges, but this has been so much different. I attribute it to two, actually three things. One, I trained my body physically for the surgery like I would a race. Two, I ate very clean and dropped a few pounds before surgery. Three, I’ve listened to my body and slowed down where I needed to these last couple weeks.
Instead of pushing myself to sleep less and work harder when I was tired, I took the time to rest and cut back on responsibilities when I needed to. It wasn’t easy throwing up the flag (especially for me the perfectionist), but I’ve tried to be gentler with my body and give it the time it needed.
The extra rest has certainly paid off because I’m back to doing everything I was doing before the surgery, and more! Now I can actually cook or bake without having to sit down from pain, a pain that seems like a lifetime ago. Life is so different now. I feel like the possibilities are endless.
I’m telling you this because I want you to think about how your life might be different with one change, how that change could give you a different outlook on life, and how you as a person might different as a result. Okay, those are Megan’s deep thoughts for the day.
With that, grab your muffin pans because today we’re headed into the weekend with another healthy muffin recipe. Molasses Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins to be exact! P.S. they’re only 127 calories. Muffin winning! That means you can have at least two, right? One in the morning, one at night, and if you’re feeling nice maybe you will share.
Receive a Sugar Free Meal Plan
When you join the Skinny Fitalicious Email List
Molasses Laced Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins
- 1 1/8 cup Gluten Free Oat Flour *
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips dairy free
- Preheat oven 400 F. Prepare a muffin tin by spraying with nonstick cooking spray or placing muffin liners in the cavities.
- Using a standing mixer or medium bowl with a hand mixer, add pumpkin, applesauce, sugar, coconut oil, almond milk, molasses and vanilla and mix until combined well
- To the batter, add sea salt, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, nutmeg, cloves, baking powder and oat flour
- Mix together lightly until combined then add chocolate chips and fold by hand.
- Divide the batter evenly among 12 cavities, filling 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted and removed clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan 10 minutes before removing and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Keep muffins in an airtight container to stay fresh.
*I haven't tested the recipe with other flours, but generally a gluten free 1 to 1 baking flour can be subbed for oat flour or almond flour.
**For cheaper healthy foods, I buy my health food staples from Thrive Market.
Custom Meal Plans
Work with Megan to develop a custom macro or standard meal plan to reach your goals.
What I Used For The Recipe
Speaking of sharing, if you want to sneak some health ingredients into someone’s diet who’s a picky eater, these are the way to do it. Transition struggles are real. I’ve been there. Some days you just need chocolate to convince yourself to eat vegetables.
But I’ll have you know…these Molasses Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are soft, moist, chocolatey and utterly packed with irresistible fall flavors. In fact, you may need to hide these puppies from the family because once they taste them, they are gonna go fast!
How do you feed a picky eater?
[Tweet “#Vegan Molasses Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are a weekend baking must!”]