Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are made with healthier baking ingredients for a better for you baked treat! Gluten free, lower in sugar and absolutely delicious! Vegan + Low Calorie + Gluten Free
Just letting you know, this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars recipe was originally published November 2015. I retested, rephotographed and updated the content for you. Hope you enjoy it!
In case you couldn't tell, fall baking is in full swing over here. You've been warned! I've been having fun remaking some really old recipes. Tweaking the ingredients to make them lower in sugar and extra D-E-licious! Hopefully, you're good with that.
There are certain things about these bars I didn't want to change. Like the chewy consistency and amount of chocolate. I mean, I may have created the 14 day sugar challenge but I still believe in eating chocolate. It's just a matter of resetting your hormones and learning to eat in a way that prevents you from eating the entire pan of bars when you make them.
These goodies are made with gluten-free oats which gives them their chewy and thick texture. I haven't tested other flours with the recipe, but I imagine gluten free flour or a 1/2 cup less of almond flour would work. Coconut flour will definitely not work. There's no eggs in this recipe and coconut flour needs eggs.
The best part about these bars is they have pumpkin snuck into them. You can't even taste it! I personally am not a huge fan of pumpkin flavor in itself, but I do love adding pumpkin to recipes to make them healthier and to increase nutrition. Because...balance!
Don't believe me? Grab your picky eaters and have them munch on these pumpkin chocolate chip cookie bars. I'm sure you'll have them loving pumpkin in no time. They'll be mesmerized by the chocolate-y goodness of healthy baking!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
- Preheat oven 325 F. Prepare an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- To a food processor or blender, add the oats and process until smooth like a flour.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor omitting the chocolate chips. Process and combine until smooth.
- Transfer the batter to a mixing bowl and fold in the chocolate chips reserving 1 1/2 tablespoons for the top of the batter.
- Transfer the batter into the baking pan and bake at 325 F 25 minutes.
- The bars should look a bit undercooked when you remove them from the oven, but they will finish cooking in the pan. Cool in the pan another 20 minutes before slicing into 12 bars.
- My Amazon shop has more products similar to those used for this recipe and that I recommend to my weight loss clients.
- If you enjoy this recipe, check out my cookbook for more delicious recipes.
- Be sure to measure properly for gluten free baking.