This Healthy Ham Turkey Zucchini Boats recipe is an easy 3-ingredient meal that's quick to make, filling and delicious! Make it for lunch or dinner for a satisfying and nutritious meal. Low Carb + Gluten Free + Low Calorie
I don't know about you, but I'm always looking for quick and easy meals that are satisfying and nutritious.
This free download also has 14 more healthy lunch recipes in it for you!
My clients are busy women over 35 who don't have time for complicated meals, but their health goals are important to them. This recipe is a good example of how you CAN eat healthy for your goals without it taking over your life!
Why I Love Zucchini Boats with Ham and Turkey
There is a lot to love about this healthy zucchini boat recipe. It's one of my favorite meals for a healthy lunch and dinner because it's:
- Easy To Make - Simply slice the zucchini, assemble and bake!
- Simple Ingredients - None of these ingredients are fancy, but they come together to make a most delicious, satisfying meal!
- Versatile Options - You could serve this as a lunch, dinner or snack and the options for swapping ingredients is endless!
- Low Calorie - The meal is well balanced with macronutrients while still being lower in calorie.
- Lower Carb - This zucchini boat recipe is low carb while still being filling. Many lower carb recipes tend to leave people feeling hungry.
- Gluten Free - The recipe is gluten free. If you cannot tolerate dairy, check out the substitutions section of the blog post below!
Ingredients for Healthy Ham Turkey Zucchini Boats
Making low carb ham turkey zucchini boats couldn't be any easier. It only requires 3 ingredients and you can definitely adjust the ingredients to your liking (see the substitutions section below)!
- Ham or Turkey Lunchmeat (or both!)
- Cheddar Cheese
How To Make 3-Ingredient Healthy Zucchini Boats with Ham and Turkey
Low Calorie Ham Turkey Zucchini Boats are super simple to make for a quick lunch, dinner or even a snack!
Step One - Preheat the oven.
Step Two - Slice the zucchinis per the instructions below then top each section with the lunchmeat of your choice.
Step Three - Bake 10 minutes.
Step Four - Remove from the oven then top with a bit of cheese. Broil another 3 minutes.
Step Five - Remove and enjoy!
How Many Calories In Zucchini Boats
This healthy zucchini boat recipe has 312 calories per serving. One serving equals 4 quarters.
What To Serve With Low Calorie Ham Turkey Zucchini Boats
The calories in this recipe are fairly low for a meal so I recommend adding something to go with it. Waldorf salad, broccoli salad, street corn salad, chickpea tomato cucumber salad or healthy fruit salad would be my picks!
Recipe Substitutions For Ham Turkey Zucchini Boats
Here's the substitutions you can make for this recipe. Remember that when you swap ingredients, it will change the nutritional values and calories from what you see in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- Zucchini - Summer squash, delicate squash or eggplant are what I would recommend instead.
- Lunchmeat - Any lunchmeat of your liking can be used. You could also use shredded chicken, tempeh or tofu.
- Cheese - Any cheese can be used that you enjoy.
- Dairy Free - You can use a dairy free cheese instead or you could omit the cheese and add buffalo sauce or another condiment you enjoy instead.
Healthy Ham Turkey Zucchini Boats
- 2 Zucchinis
- 4 slices Turkey Lunchmeat
- 4 slices Ham
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the ends off the zucchini (keep the skin on) then slice in half. Slice each half in half to make quarters. Top each zucchini boat with 1 slice of either the ham or turkey folding the lunchmeat in quarters.
- Bake at 425 F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven then top each zucchini boat with 1/2 tbsp of cheddar cheese then broil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy immediately.