Roasted Cauliflower is an easy way to make cauliflower tasty and delicious! Learn how to make roasted cauliflower taste delicious every time with few ingredients. Perfect for meal prepping ahead of time! Low Calorie + Gluten Free + Paleo + Vegan + Low Carb
My clients know I'm a huge proponent of eating more veggies and they're easy to add to your current meals like this roasted cauliflower recipe!
Surprisingly I've learned that most women don't know how to make vegetables like cauliflower tasty and delicious. This is something I've taken for granted in the past. While this may seem very basic, I find the basics are what most women are missing to feel great and lose weight.
Learning to love veggies takes time and my biggest advice is to keep trying veggies and cooking them different ways until something sticks. If cauliflower isn't something you enjoy right now, it doesn't mean you won't like it someday.
I certainly never thought I would be someone who liked cauliflower before I lost 80 pounds yet, here I am over a decade later talking about my love of cauliflower. You CAN change!
Ingredients for Roasted Cauliflower
This sheet pan roasted cauliflower in the oven has just 5 ingredients and I'm sure you have the in your kitchen already - minus the cauliflower :).
How To Roast Cauliflower On A Sheet Pan
Roasted cauliflower in the oven is super easy to make. Here's the steps that will help you make your cauliflower taste delicious!
Step one is to preheat the oven to 400 F. Wash and chop the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. To make it even EASIER and to save time, you can buy your cauliflower pre-cut. Next line a baking sheet with parchment paper then place the cauliflower on the sheet pan without crowding the cauliflower too much.
Step two is spray the cauliflower very lightly with avocado oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Note, if you do make your cauliflower at a high temperature you should NEVER use extra virgin olive oil as it becomes rancid at temperatures higher than 350 F.
Last step is to roast the cauliflower in the oven for 20-22 minutes. The time will vary based on your oven, size of cauliflower florets (the smaller, the faster it will roast) and how well roasted you like your cauliflower.
Tips for Making the BEST Roasted Cauliflower
- Use Fresh Cauliflower instead of frozen. It tastes the best in my opinion. You can use frozen cauliflower, but you will want to thaw and drain it before roasting. I find frozen cauliflower works best steamed or in the air fryer.
- Don't Overcrowd The Sheet Pan. When any vegetable is too close together on a sheet pan, it will not roast and get crispy. If you have a lot of cauliflower, use two sheet pans and spread them about half inch to one inch.
- Use Real Oil. One of the secrets about most vegetables is that they ALWAYS taste better with oil. In fact, the nutrients in vegetables like cauliflower are best absorbed by the body when paired with a high quality oil. I like avocado oil for roasting vegetables at high temperatures.
- Season Well. Cauliflower tastes so much better when it is seasoned with sea salt and black pepper versus eating it bland. Don't be scared to add other seasonings like smoked paprika, chili powder, curry powder, Italian seasoning!
- Roast Other Veggies With Cauliflower. Fennel, broccolini, carrots, onions, cabbage are some of my favorites for roasting with cauliflower. They compliment the cauliflower really well!
- Consider Add-Ins like cheese, a squeeze of lemon juice, Sriracha sauce or other condiments to enhance the flavor.
How To Eat Roasted Cauliflower Or Use Leftover Roasted Cauliflower
Here's some of my favorite ways to eat roasted cauliflower. You can also add roasted cauliflower to many recipes like a stir-fry or soup. It's great because it's already cooked and reduces the overall cook time for a recipe.
- Salads - Adding warm roasted cauliflower to a cold salad with many other veggies and protein can really make the salad taste more filling and leave you more satisfied!
- Eggs - Toss your roasted cauliflower in with scrambled eggs or an egg bake to increase the veggie power.
- Oats - Cauliflower that's been roasted can be blended and added to oatmeal. It adds great volume and makes traditional oats more filling!
- Potatoes - Adding roasted cauliflower to mashed potatoes has been a trick I've used for years. Picky eaters won't even know the potatoes are blended with cauliflower! For a lower carb option, you can do roasted garlic cauliflower mash.
- Casseroles - You could easily add cauliflower to a casserole like this healthy shepherd's pie or healthy quiche lorraine.
- Stir-Frys - Another great option for using leftover roasted broccoli is a stir-fry like this clean out the fridge recipe.
- Soups - Add leftover roasted cauliflower to any soup like this creamy chicken cauliflower soup or chicken pot pie soup.
How to Store Roasted Cauliflower
You can store roasted cauliflower in a container in the refrigerator up to 7 days. It's not ideal to freeze it after it's been cooked. Cooked cauliflower can be frozen, but will not have the same flavor or texture. I recommend if you freeze roasted cauliflower, you used it for soups bases in place of creams.
How to Reheat Roasted Cauliflower
- Microwave - 30 seconds on high will heat it up; however, it will not crisp up.
- Stovetop - Heat on medium heat in a skillet for 5-7 minutes. Like the microwave, it will heat up but not be as crispy as it originally was.
- Oven - Reheat at 350 F for 5 minutes and it will come back to life crispy and re-heated.
What Vegetables Can You Roast
You can use this recipe to roast many veggies. Here's a few you can try:
- Asparagus, carrots, parsnips, Brussels sprouts, zucchini, summer squash, cauliflower, onions, bell peppers, cabbage, kale.
- Here's the recipe for how to roast broccoli and make air fryer sweet potato fries.
How To Roast Cauliflower
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Watch and cut the cauliflower into florets. Lightly spritz the cauliflower with avocado oil spray then sprinkle the salt and pepper over the top.
- Roast 20-22 minutes until the edges are lightly browned. Remove from the oven and serve!
- Store roasted cauliflower in the oven up to 7 days in the refrigerator.