Why is protein important for weight loss? Protein is important for women over 35 due to declining muscle mass and changes in reproductive hormones that are impacting the metabolism. When a woman is over 35 and also has a goal of weight loss, protein becomes an even more important nutrient.
This podcast episode explains in more detail why protein is a critical nutrient for women over 35 who have weight loss goals. Surprisingly, I find my clients are never eating enough protein for their age and weight loss goals.
In this Dish on Ditching Diets podcast episode I will explain:
- Why is protein important for weight loss for women 35 and older
- How metabolism is affected by protein intake
- Best sources of protein you can incorporate into your diet (including vegetarian and animal sources)
- What is and is not a protein
- Best proteins to keep in your house at all times
Resources from this podcast
- Chomps: (use code SKINNYFIT for discount)
- Sizzlefish: (use code SKINNYFIT for discount)
- Best Sources of Protein Blog Post
- Low Calorie Cookbook
Free weight loss training: https://skinnyfitalicious.com/hormone-weight-loss-class/
Are you a woman over 35 with 20 to 50 or more pounds to lose and ready to stop the diet cycle and lose weight for forever?
I love hearing about what YOU want me to talk about so feel free to leave on comment here or on social media with topics you’d like me to cover!