Healthy Korean Beef Bowls are a nutritious low calorie meal. Simple to make and tasty so the whole family can enjoy it too! Low Calorie + Gluten Free
If you're looking for healthy ground beef recipes, look no further!
These Korean Beef Bowls are tasty, packed with nutrients and made with simple ingredients. The best part is they're healthy and are not "diety" so the entire family can enjoy them!
Made with minimal ingredients, full of flavor, and easy to make - this dish is one you can turn to when you need something easy and healthy.
What I Love About Healthy Beef & Rice Bowls
- Lower Calorie - These ground beef and rice bowls are just 313 calories. They're packed with protein to keep you fuller longer.
- Higher Protein - 28 grams of protein in each serving of Korean beef bowls. This amount of protein will keep you fuller longer.
- Lower Fat - There is 3 grams of saturated fat (less optimal fat) in these healthy Asian bowls. The remaining fat content is healthy fat and that healthy fat will keep you fuller longer along with the protein.
- Simple Ingredients - The ingredients are basic and easy to find!
- Versatile - You can take this recipe and do a lot with it like adding broccoli for more veggies!
Korean Beef & Rice Bowl Ingredients
Here's what you need to make Healthy Korean Beef & Rice Bowls! For the full measurements and nutritional data, scroll to the bottom of this post to the recipe card.
- Lean Ground Beef (I buy grass-fed, grass-finished ground beef from ButcherBox).
- Coconut Sugar
- Soy Sauce
- Olive Oil
- Ground Ginger
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Brown Rice
- Green Onions
- Sesame Seeds
For ingredient substitution recommendations, see the Korean Beef & Rice recipe substitution section below.
How To Make Korean Bowls With Ground Beef
Here's how to make these Asian inspired bowls with ground beef and rice!
Step One - Cook the beef and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until the meat is no longer pink, drain the meat then place back in the skillet.
Step Two - In a small bowl, whisk together the other ingredients - sugar, soy sauce, olive oil, ginger, red pepper flakes then pour the sauce over the meat.
Step Three - Serve over cooked rice then top with green onions and sesame seeds.
What To Serve With Low Calorie Beef & Rice Bowls
Ingredient Substitutions For Korean Beef Bowls
Here are the substitutions you can make for this easy Asian inspired recipe! Of course, when you make ingredient substitutions, it does change the nutritional values from what you see in the recipe card below.
- Ground Beef - Ground turkey, ground chicken, tofu, shrimp, salmon can be used instead of groundd beef.
- Soy Sauce - Low sodium soy sauce is what I recommend. If you are gluten free, use coconut aminos or Tamari sauce.
- Coconut Sugar - You can use any sugar or omit if you like.
- Brown Rice - You can use white or brown rice for this recipe or any rice you enjoy.
- Sesame Seeds - These can be omitted if you don't like them or they don't work for you.
- Gluten Free - Use coconut aminos or Tamari sauce instead of soy sauce to make gluten free Korean beef bowls.
- Paleo - To make a Paleo version of Korean beef bowls, use cauliflower rice instead of regular rice.
More Healthy Ground Beef Recipes
- Low Calorie Beef & Cabbage Bowls
- Healthy Beef Stroganoff
- Healthy Beef Vegetable Soup
- Healthy Hamburger Soup
- Healthy Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet
Healthy Korean Beef Bowls
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and garlic over medium heat together, breaking up the meat until it is no longer pink. Drain the meat and place it back in the skillet over the heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, soy sauce, olive oil, ginger, red pepper flakes then pour the sauce over the meat.
- Serve over cooked rice garnished with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
- Recipe makes 4 servings. 1/4th of the recipe equals one serving.