15 Minute Chicken Stir-Fry loaded with veggies & flavor! A lighter, better for you version of takeout that’s easy to make & tastes great. Gluten Free + Low Calorie
This Chicken Stir-Fry is getting a much needed a facelift from the 2014 original version. An oldie but a goodie! As a matter of fact, this is one of the very first recipes I ever posted on my website. It’s one of my all time favorite recipes and it was long over due for an upgrade.
This Chicken Stir-Fry recipe holds a particularly important place in my heart because it is one of the first recipes I ever made on my own when I was losing 80 pounds. Before losing weight, I really didn’t know how to cook. My idea of dinner was takeout, a drive thru, going out or ordering pizza.
Losing weight forced me to get in the kitchen and figure out how to make healthy meals that were delicious and satisfying. Funny to think I now cook for a living. It’s never too late for a transformation!
For those of you intimidated by cooking, here’s a tip for you. Keep it simple! Pick a lean protein, a vegetable, healthy carb and fat to make a meal. That’s exactly what I did with this recipe.
- Lean protein = Chicken
- Vegetables = Bell Pepper
- Complex Carb = Brown Rice
- Fat = Extra Virgin Olive Oil
From there, I added gluten free soy sauce, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and spices. Easy!!!
I’m sure like me, many of you struggle with making healthy dinners during the week. This one is guaranteed to take less than 15 minutes. Actually, less if you chop the vegetables and chicken the night before.
Watch the cooking video demo, where I give a live demo of cooking this Chicken Stir-Fry recipe. I cooked the entire meal in less than 10 minutes! It was that easy to make a delicious, filling meal. Perfect for those learning to cook who aren’t sure where to start. Start here!
This lighter version of takeout tastes great, but is better for you!
3 Smart Strategies To Stop Cravings
BONUS when you sign up!
Easy Chicken Stir-Fry
- 1 pound chicken breast chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper diced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/8 cup gluten free low sodium soy sauce
- 8 ounce water chestnuts drained
- 8 ounce bamboo shoot drained
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup brown rice I used Minute Instant
- 1 cups water
- In a large sauté or stir-fry pan, add extra virgin olive oil with minced garlic and bring to medium heat.
- Cook 2 minutes then add bell peppers. Cook 5 minutes.
- Then add chicken with salt & pepper. Stir to combine. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken cooks, add water to a separate pot and bring to a high heat for the rice. Once boiling, add rice to the pot and reduce to medium-low heat. Cook 5 minutes and fluff with a fork.
- Add soy sauce, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts & seasonings to the chicken pan. Stir and reduce to low while the rice cooks.
- Serve immediately topping brown rice with the chicken stir-fry.
Custom Meal Plans
Work with Megan to develop a custom macro or standard meal plan to reach your goals.
What I Used For The Recipe
Do you cook? How did you learn to cook?
[Tweet “15 Minute Chicken Stir-Fry, a lighter version of takeout that’s better for you! #dinnertime”]