This Sheet Pan Sweet & Sour Chicken is soy free, baked to perfection on a sheet pan in 20-minutes. A quick & easy meal that’s a healthier version of take-out! Pair with brown or cauliflower rice for a complete meal. Soy Free + Gluten Free + Low Calorie!
I am a complete sucker for any kind of Asian take-out. For years, I traveled weekly as a consultant and Asian was on most nights my go to dinner on the road. Vietnamese, Thai, Japanese were among my favorites places to grab take-out. Pei Wei too! I even worked in China for awhile, but none of the food there was nothing like the Chinese food we have here. Made with fresh ingredients (some a little too fresh) and much healthier!
For the most part, healthy eating on the road was no big deal as long as I stuck to healthier options on the menu. But I always noticed that the Asian restaurants I went to used a lot more veggies and fresh ingredients than most American style restaurants. I grew a real love for Asian cuisine because of that.
When I stopped traveling for work, I found myself craving those Asian flavors. The problem? There wasn’t any healthy Asian restaurants near where I live so no take-out for me! Then one day the guy noticed a bunch of pineapple taking up valuable real estate in my freezer (seriously it’s so small).
He jokingly said “you should make sweet and sour chicken.” Challenge accepted! But this isn’t just any sweet & sour chicken. This is a lightened up version that tastes just like the original, but healthier!
Sheet Pan Sweet & Sour Chicken
For the sauce, I used in coconut sugar to lighten the sugar content and apple cider vinegar and coconut aminos instead of soy sauce. Don’t worry! You won’t taste the apple cider vinegar at all. It’s the mediator between the tangy soy and sweet sugar and you can use gluten free soy sauce, but I do love coconut aminos to keep recipes anti-inflammatory. Flavor balance perfection!
What’s better, this sweet & sour chicken recipe is made on a single sheet pan. Bake for 20 minutes while you whip up the sauce then drizzle it over the sheet pan when it comes out of the oven to soak up all those sweet, tangy, juicy flavors.
Easy to make, easy to clean up, and easy to devour!
3 Smart Strategies To Stop Cravings
BONUS when you sign up!
Sheet Pan Sweet and Sour Chicken
For the Sheet Pan:
For the Sauce:
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare a nonstick sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Spread sliced bell peppers and onions evenly across the sheet pan then add the diced chicken and pineaple throughout.
- Spray the extra virgin olive oil using a Misto over the veggies and chicken.
- Then sprinkle the seasonings, salt & pepper.
- Bake at 375 F for 20 minutes.
- While the sheet pan bakes, add the ingredients for the sauce to a small saucepan and bring to a boil while whisking together the ingredients. Once boiling reduce temperature to low then simmer until the sheet pan is done.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and immediately drizzle with the sauce.
- Garnish with sliced green onions over brown rice or cauliflower rice.
Custom Meal Plans
Work with Megan to develop a custom macro or standard meal plan to reach your goals.