Healthy Strawberry Oat Chocolate Chip Pancakes made low calorie with gluten free oats, Greek yogurt, sweet strawberries with chunks of chocolate nestled in the batter. Serve your strawberry pancakes with fresh berries for a yummy breakfast! Gluten Free + Low Calorie
I am so excited to share these tasty Healthy Strawberry Oat Chocolate Chip Pancakes today with you today. They are RI.DIC.U.LOUS.L.Y. good!
They have chocolate blended into the batter and are creamy thanks to high protein Greek yogurt and gluten free oats. I love using oats in pancakes like these banana oat pancakes, but the addition of Greek yogurt in this recipe… oh my! You get a nice fluffy batter for the perfect stack of pancakes.
And… did I mention they’re low calorie? Yep! Wonderful, nutrient dense ingredients and they taste amazing too.
What Makes These Strawberry Pancakes Good For You?
Here’s a few reasons why I love these pancakes and why they’re healthier for you!
- Low Calorie – Each pancake is 75 calories. I work very hard to balance the nutrition in my recipes so that the ingredients are nutrient dense while being calorie conscious.
- Gluten Free – The recipe uses gluten free rolled oats.
- High Protein – Greek yogurt and egg whites aids in balancing the carbs in the recipe. Each pancake has 3 grams of protein.
- Low Sugar – Unsweetened applesauce is used to sweeten these pancakes without adding the calories.
Ingredients For Strawberry Oat Pancakes
Here’s what you need to make strawberry pancakes with oats! You will also need a food processor or blender and I highly recommend this electric griddle for making the perfect pancakes. No greasing or oil necessary with an electric griddle!
- Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- Greek Yogurt, nonfat
- Applesauce, unsweetened
- Egg Whites
- Almond Milk, unsweetened
- Baking Powder
- Almond Extract
- Chocolate Chips
How To Make Strawberry Pancakes With Oats
Here’s how to make flourless strawberry pancakes – it’s super simple! To start, heat an electric griddle to medium heat. If you’re using a skillet, heat to medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. I prefer using the electric griddle as it does not require cooking spray or oil and it always makes the perfect pancakes!
Blend all the ingredients together except the chocolate chips in a food processor or blender. Combine until the batter is pink and smooth. The batter will be runny. This is expected. Next stir the chocolate chips into the batter by hand.
Scoop 1/4 cup of the batter onto the prepared griddle or skillet and cook a few minutes on each side. Once the batter begins to bubble on the first side this is a sign they’re ready to be flipped. Repeat for the remaining batter then serve!
How To Store Strawberry Pancakes
Can I store pancakes in the freezer? Yes, you can pancakes in the freezer. You can store these strawberry pancakes in the freezer up to 60 days. Remove them from the freezer the night before eating and place in the refrigerator overnight. Warm them in the oven at 325 F on a baking sheet for 5-8 minutes or in the microwave 1 minute.
How long can I store pancakes in the refrigerator? These strawberry pancakes can be stored in the refrigerator up to 7 days. To reheat, warm in the oven at 325 F on a baking sheet 5-8 minutes or in the microwave 1 minute. They’re delicious topped with fruit and maple syrup.
Substitutions For This Strawberry Pancakes Recipe
Here are the substitutions I recommend for this low calorie pancake recipe. I work hard to balance the nutrition so that the ingredients are healthy while maintaining the calories lower. If you substitute an ingredient, please keep in mind that it will alter the nutrition values you see below.
- Oats – Oat flour may be substituted. I never use white or whole wheat flour so I cannot say if that will work. Almond flour will work, but I recommend starting with 3/4 cup instead of 1 cup. Coconut flour will not work as a substitute.
- Greek Yogurt – Dairy free yogurt may be used, but I recommend looking for one with no added sugar.
- Almond Milk – Any milk may be substituted.
- Egg Whites – You can replace 2 egg whites with 1 whole egg. I do not recommend this as it will decrease the protein and increase the calories.
- Applesauce – This can be substituted with maple syrup or honey, but will increase the calories.
- Cinnamon – Can be omitted.
- Chocolate Chips – Use dairy free if needed.
Healthy Strawberry Oat Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Healthy Strawberry Oat Chocolate Chip Pancakes made low calorie with gluten free oats and Greek yogurt. A healthy strawberry pancake recipe!
Heat an electric griddle to medium heat. If using a skillet heat to medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. You do not need spray or oil with the griddle. To a blender or food processor, add all the ingredients minus the chocolate chips and process until the batter is smooth. The batter should be slightly runny. Stir the chocolate chips into the batter by hand.
To the griddle, add 1/4 cup of batter at a time to form a pancake. Cook 3-4 minutes until pancake begins to bubble then flip with a spatula and cook another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
Place pancakes on a cooling rack as you cook remainder of the batter. Serve and top with more fresh berries and dark chocolate.
Keep pancakes in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer up to 60 days.
Love my recipes?
Check out my cookbook!