Healthy Greek Yogurt Eggs are the best scrambled eggs. These super creamy scrambled eggs are packed with the right amount of protein for a filling, healthy breakfast that will keep you full for hours! Low Calorie + Gluten Free + Low Carb
If you’re looking for the BEST scrambled eggs, look no further! These healthy Greek yogurt eggs are the best, creamiest scrambled eggs. You would never guess they have yogurt in them.
Nearly all of my clients are always under eating protein and breakfast is always the place where they are most protein deficient. Adding yogurt to your morning eggs, is an easy way to increase your protein intake so you can stay fuller, longer throughout the day.
These healthy yogurt eggs are made with 4 ingredients in 4 steps. They’re also low calorie, low carb and naturally gluten free!
Healthy Greek Yogurt Eggs
As I mentioned before, most individuals are not eating enough protein at breakfast. I see this so commonly with clients and it causes them to overeat later in the day. These healthy scrambled eggs recipe is an easy way to increase protein at breakfast to get the right amount of nutrition!
- Easy To Make – It takes less than 5 minutes to make this healthy scrambled eggs recipe. I always find it curious when someone tells me it takes too long to make eggs. It truly is one of the fastest ways to make a healthy breakfast. You can also make this recipe in the microwave like this recipe.
- Low Calorie – Each serving (half the recipe) is 200 calories. Some people who have been chronically dieting will “think” this is too many calories, but it’s not. In fact, 200 is the bare minimum calories I’d recommend for breakfast. If you want to properly fuel your body, getting the right amount of nutrients while being mindful (not obsessed) with calories is the way.
- Right Amount of Protein – This breakfast recipe has the right amount of protein individuals should be aiming for in their breakfast.
- Low Carb – This recipe is low carb and you can easily add fruit, beans, vegetables or another complex carbohydrate if you like.
- Gluten Free – The recipe is naturally gluten free.
Ingredients for Greek Yogurt Eggs
You only need four ingredients to make the best, creamiest scrambled eggs with yogurt! You can also add other seasonings, salsa, hot sauce and toppings too. See the substitution section below for more on that.
You will also need a skillet, spatula, whisk or fork and mixing bowl to make this recipe.
- Whole Eggs
- Egg Whites
- Greek Yogurt
- Salt, Pepper
How To Make Scrambled Eggs with Yogurt
Making scrambled eggs with yogurt is so easy and it really does make the BEST scrambled eggs. Here’s how to make healthy Greek yogurt scrambled eggs.
Step One – In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, yogurt, salt and pepper until smooth.
Step Two – Heat a medium nonstick pan over medium-low heat and spray with cooking spray. Pour the ingredients from the mixing bowl into the pan.
Step Three – Using a spatula, slowly scrape the sections of the eggs to the center of the pan as the bottom starts to set, creating soft folds for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes total just until the eggs set.
Step Four – Remove the eggs from the heat once they have reached the desired doneness and serve warm!
What To Serve With Scrambled Eggs
Here’s a few healthy options to serve with scrambled eggs. Fruit, vegetables (hot or cold), bacon or turkey bacon, chicken or turkey sausage, slice of whole grain bread, low carb or Paleo bread would serve well with scrambled eggs!
Substitutions For Yogurt Eggs
Here’s the substitutions and additions I recommend for this recipe. Remember when you make substitutions, it will change the nutritional data from what you see below in the recipe card.
- Eggs – I used half whole eggs and half egg whites for this recipe to increase the protein without increasing the calories. If you were to replace the egg whites with whole eggs, it will increase the calories and decrease the protein content because 2 egg whites only equal 1 whole egg. While a whole egg has healthy fat and we want to include that healthy fat in the diet, we also want to be balanced in the breakfast approach and not go overboard with the healthy fat and calories.
- Greek Yogurt – I used low fat yogurt for this recipe. You can use nonfat or full fat if you prefer. If you don’t like Greek yogurt, cottage cheese is a great alternative!
- Dairy Free / Paleo – Dairy free yogurt that is high protein like this can be used instead of Greek yogurt, although I’ve found it doesn’t make the eggs as fluffy. You can also use lactose free cottage cheese if you tolerate lactose free well. Note, lactose free cottage cheese is not Paleo. You can add 2 egg whites or a 1/2 cup of egg whites or add another meat source like turkey bacon, sausage or crumble up tofu.
- Additions – Salsa, hot sauce, relish, dried herbs and seasonings could all be easily added to this recipe. You can also add in vegetables and cook them with the eggs.
Greek Yogurt Eggs
Healthy Greek Yogurt Eggs are the best scrambled eggs. These super creamy scrambled eggs are packed with the right amount of protein for a filling, healthy breakfast that will keep you full for hours!
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, yogurt, salt and pepper until smooth.
Heat a medium nonstick pan over medium-low heat and spray with cooking spray. Pour the ingredients from the mixing bowl into the pan.
Using a spatula, slowly scrape the sections of the eggs to the center of the pan as the bottom starts to set, creating soft folds for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes total just until the eggs set.
Remove the eggs from the heat once they have reached the desired doneness and serve warm!
- 1/2 the recipe equals 1 serving
Love my recipes?
Check out my cookbook!