Gluten Free Strawberry Banana Bread! Made with Greek yogurt, packed with fresh berries and naturally sweetened with bananas and coconut flakes. The perfect bread for summer breakfast or snacks. Gluten Free + Low Calorie
Got bananas? Got strawberries? You're going to seriously utilize them today! Grab your loaf pan 'cuz we're whipping up Gluten Free Strawberry Banana Bread that I'm sure you'll go bananas for!
If we were sitting together at a coffee shop with a cuppa coffee in hand, we'd share some small talk. How's your day, how's life been treating you? And, then we'd swap recipes.
What you've been obsessed with eating lately and what recipes you wanna try. Then I'd share my latest and greatest recipes with you like this must try Gluten Free Strawberry Banana Bread.
In all honesty, I am not a true baker. Baking with butter, crisco and pastry flour is definitely not my thing.
However, when it comes to gluten free baking and lightening up recipes so they're lower in sugar, balanced in nutrition and made with wholesome ingredients...I am a PRO.
If I do say so myself...
There's nothing I love more than coming up with a gluten free baked good recipe and I'm sure you will love getting your hands on this one.
Just make sure you measure properly. So important for gluten free baking!
Gluten Free Strawberry Banana Bread
Now about this Gluten Free Strawberry Banana Bread...I've made a few times this past month and different ways too.
First, as muffins. I love having a portable snack option to take with me on the go!
So yes...you can make this bread a few different ways but honestly I'm in love with it just as it is!
Simple ingredients. Wholesome and nutritious and it's easy peasy to make. Slightly addicting. If you do gluten free baking on the regular, then you've already got your pantry stocked with what you need. Bonus!
What You Need
- Greek Yogurt
- Fresh Strawberries
- Vanilla Extract
- Gluten Free Flour
- Baking Powder + Baking Soda
- Coconut Sugar
- Shredded Coconut
- 9-Inch Loaf Pan
First, I have not tested this recipe with other flours. I suspect almond flour will work, but if you go that route you will need to experiment with the quantity. Almond flour is more dense than gluten free flour. I would start with 1 1/4 cup, evaluate how thick the batter is and go from there.
It's also important to note that many gluten free flours differ in weight and density. The one I used is here and it's my favorite for gluten free baking.
Since I have Mastered My Cravings, I don't like things too sweet. But if you have a sweet tooth, add another tablespoon of coconut sugar!
Last, be patient when baking. Not every oven works the same. Sometimes gluten free baked goods will take longer to bake. I recommend checking 3/4 of the way through suggested cooking times.
More Gluten Free Recipes To Try
Gluten Free Strawberry Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cups Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons almond milk unsweetened or milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana ripe
- 2/3 cup strawberries fresh not frozen
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place parchment paper in a 9-inch loaf pan. You can use baking spray - I find this makes the batter too wet so I recommend not using it if possible.
- In a standing mixer, mix together the egg, Greek yogurt, coconut sugar, banana, milk and vanilla extract.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the Gluten Free flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and shredded coconut. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix.
- Slice the strawberries then fold into the batter by hand. Note - if the batter is too dry, add 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil and combine. Depending on the brand of gluten free flour you use, it may or may not use it. This is Gluten Free Flour I used.
- Bake 50-55 minutes then remove from the oven and cool 1 hour.
What I Used For The Recipe