Healthy Coconut Pineapple Bread is a simple, wholesome Paleo breakfast or dessert. Pineapple chunks nestled in warm, baked bread with a sweet pecan topping. A homemade holiday gift to give for the holidays that's dairy-free and gluten-free.
I've partnered with Dole Packaged Foods to bring you this post. All opinions expressed are my own.
Holiday baking is always a treat to me. There was a time when holiday baking was, for me, focused around eating the goodies that came out of the oven. As I've grown older and improved my relationship with food, it's become more about the experience of baking and the glorious smells it radiates throughout my home.
Even more so, when those smells are filled with sweet, pineapple coconut bread. You can't help but get all the holiday feels. Happiness and joy bundled up in one comforting, healthy bread.
Let's head to the kitchen and make some...
Healthy Coconut Pineapple Bread
What makes this bread wonderful is the hidden Dole crushed pineapple nestled throughout the bread. Dole makes holiday baking easy, healthy and convenient. Their crushed pineapple is perfect for dressing up and adding natural sweetness to an ordinarily bland coconut bread. And, your guests won't even know you snuck this healthy ingredient into their bread. It's so delicious!
The pecan topping is the "icing on the cake!" It adds a special touch to this healthy coconut pineapple bread that's unprecedented. The crunchy top is a nice contrast to the sweet pineapple hidden throughout the bread. It makes a great holiday breakfast, snack, dessert or homemade holiday gift!
What You Need
- Dole Crushed Pineapple
- Coconut Flour
- Honey, Vanilla Extract, Lime Juice
- Salt, Baking Powder, Baking Soda
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Sugar
When prepping the ingredients for this bread, it's very important the eggs, honey and coconut oil are at room temperature otherwise they will stiffen, and the bread will not hold. This is the fun of baking with coconut oil. It's particular!
When baking, check the bread half way through. If the top of the bread appears dark, tent the bread with foil for the remaining time. This will prevent the topping from over cooking.
When serving your guests or yourself this healthy coconut pineapple bread, I recommend you serve it with a bowl of Dole crushed pineapple on the side. A little extra pineapple is the best compliment to eating this bread!
Healthy Coconut Pineapple Bread
For the bread:
- 6 eggs room temperature
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple juice drained
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon honey divided from the 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven 350°F and line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- With an electric hand mixer beat together 1/4 cup of the honey, the melted coconut oil, eggs, lime juice and the vanilla extract in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Empty the drained pineapple into a large kitchen towel and ring out the excess moisture. You want to make sure the pineapple is quite dry.
- Place the dry pineapple into a medium bowl and mix with the reserved 1 tablespoon of the flour mixture and the remaining 1 tablespoon of honey. The mixture will seem thick and moist. Use a spoon to slightly separate the pineapple chunks.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, beating until well combined. Stir in the pineapple mixture and let the mixture stand for 10 minutes.
- While the batter stands, finely chop the pecans by pulsing several times in a food processor.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the finely chopped pecans nuts, the coconut flour, sugar and oil. Mix until the oil coats the mixture to make a streusel.
- Once the batter is set, pour it into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with the pecan mixture, gently pressing it in to adhere to the loaf.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350 F or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool completely 45-60 minutes until slicing and enjoying.