Vegan Paleo Gingerbread Bites! These simple no bake energy bites are made with dates, molasses, pecans and warm spices. An easy, healthy snack for your day! Vegan + Paleo + Gluten Free + Low Calorie
I have a feeling I'm not the only one looking forward to Christmas next week! No matter how planned or unplanned I may be at the moment, there's something magical about decorating the house, putting up the tree and holiday baking. Remind me how wonderful the season is after I'm a stressed out maniac wrapping gifts and food shopping this weekend for guests who arrive next week.
One department I have under control at the moment? Baking! I never seem to run out of cookies, cakes or in this case Vegan Paleo Gingerbread Bites!
Vegan Paleo Gingerbread Bites
If you're looking for a holiday inspired snack that's healthier and lower in calories, then these Vegan Paleo Gingerbread Bites are it! They're only 100 calories and filled with so much deliciousness. Not to mention the healthy fat makes them filling.
I used dates to naturally sweetened (and hold together) the bites. They add fiber and nutrients to this snack bite! I haven't tried other substitutions with this recipe so if you do, let me know and I'll update the recipe card for others.
What You Need
- Dates, Pitted
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger, Cloves
- Dark Chocolate
- Coconut Oil
When using your food processor or blender to blend the pecans and dates, be careful not to over process. The mixture should appear grainy, not smooth and creamy like a nut butter. If you do over process, it's okay. They will still hold together. They're just a bit messier to roll into balls.
Which leads me to my next tips. Keep your hands damp when rolling the batter into balls! This prevents the mixture from sticking to you instead of together. I keep a small bowl of water next to me to damp my hands as I prepare the balls and it's a lifesaver!
That's it friends! A fun, holiday inspired snack I'm sure your friends, family and YOU will love! If you make them, please tag @skinnyfitalicious on Instagram or Facebook so I can share your creation.
3 Smart Strategies To Stop Cravings
BONUS when you sign up!
Vegan Paleo Gingerbread Bites
- Place the dates in a bowl of water and soak 2 hours.
- Drain the dates from the water then place in a food processor with the pecans. Pulse 3-4 times then add the molasses, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- Process until the mixture is broken down and crumbly. Do not process until smooth and creamy as it will become a nut butter.
- Roll the mixture in your hands to make 14 energy bites and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Keeping your hands damp as you do this will prevent the mixture from sticking to your fingers.
- Place in the refrigerator while you melt the chocolate.
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil in a glass bowl to sit over a small saucepan half filled with water. Bring the water to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Stir the chocolate and oil until it melts.
- Transfer the chocolate to a plastic bag and cut one end off to squeeze onto the bites for the drizzle.
- Remove the bites from the refrigerator and drizzle with the chocolate.
- Place the baking sheet back in the refrigerator to set another 15 minutes then remove and enjoy.
- Store the bites in the refrigerator up to 14 days or in the freezer up to 60 days.
- My shop has more products similar to those used for this recipe and that I recommend to my nutrition clients.