Shrimp Pesto Zucchini Noodles! Traditional spaghetti is replaced with low carb zucchini noodles. A lighter and healthier spin on spaghetti paired with skillet baked shrimp and homemade spinach walnut pesto. High in protein and healthy fat, this easy 30-minute meal is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. Low Carb + Paleo + Gluten Free + Low Calorie
Last week I talked about low carb substitutes. This is the number one question I get from my weight loss clients. They love pasta. But once we talk about how many calories just 3 ounces of pasta has and the fact that the higher carbohydrate content in pasta turns into sugar unless you burn it, they understand they can get much more bang for their buck eating those low carb substitutes.
They also learn how much more filling veggies. Veggies are filled with water and fiber. Two ingredients key to making you feel full and keeping blood sugar stable.
When I was losing 80 pounds, I thought pasta was something I could never give up. It was always my go to when I felt emotionally empty. But truthfully, it always made my physically sick. After I ate it, it gave me this lethargic feeling.
Whether it was the blood sugar rush from all the carbs or my gluten intolerance, it never made me feel good. I'm a firm believer food should fill you up, taste delicious and make you feel good.
This Shrimp Pesto Zucchini Noodles does all that and more! Only 30 minutes to make from start to finish. My shrimp was delivered from Sizzlefish. Their shrimp comes already deveined without tails so there's ZERO prep.
I mean who loves cleaning fish? I don't! It's my least favorite thing to prep. So, having that healthier option in my freezer from Sizzlefish not only helps me make better choices at meal time, but having it already prepped is HUGE!
Ah yes! The pesto! Super simple and a whole lot healthier and lighter than the ones you buy in the store. Minimal oil, lots of zesty lemon juice, spinach, a few walnuts and crushed red pepper, and you've got one creamy and tasty pesto!
A yummy, low carb meal you can make anytime you're in a rush and need a healthy dinner or lunch option!
Shrimp Pesto Zucchini Noodles
- 3 cups zucchini spiralized, about 2 large zucchinis
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
For the Shrimp:
- Place the ingredients for the pesto in a blender. Blend on high until smooth then set aside.
- Place 1 tablespoon in a large skillet and bring to medium heat. Place the shrimp in the pan, sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cook the shrimp 3-4 minutes then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes until opaque.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan then add the zucchini noodles into the pan with the pesto. Toss with a tongs to evenly coat. Add the shrimp to the pan toss to combine then serve immediately.
What I Used For The Recipe
More Shrimp Recipes