Chipotle Shrimp Taco Soup is an easy to make recipe in 30 minutes. Super spicy with veggies, lean protein, spices and herbs. A soup you can eat year-round that's packed with nourishment and flavor! Gluten Free + Paleo + Low Calorie
Friends my life has forever been changed. For the good! I was in a bind after baking a Paleo bread recipe that somehow grew a muffin top, by the way how does that happen? I had a freelance deadline and ZERO time to run to the store to get more ingredients to make it again. Then I remembered Sprouts Farmers Market just stared doing home delivery. I did it and it was so easy!
Picked out my foods online, checked out and a few hours later a girl showed up with them at my front door. She texted me while she was shopping to ask questions and when she was on her way to my house. Super convenient and EASY! Hallelujah!
Praise the grocery Gods because I no longer have to run to the store for every one off thing I forget. There wasn't a delivery charge which I'm still trying to figure out if there just isn't one or if they're waiving it right now until they rope people (like me) into using the service.
For me, it was totally worth it. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to make breakfast or dinner and I'm missing one thing, and it's always the one thing I REALLY need too. I can't tell you how life changing this is. My point in telling you this is for you to think about taking advantage of anything that can make healthy eating easier for you.
Whether it's buying prepared foods or meals, pre-cut veggies, buying healthy meal plans, or having fish delivered to your front door, do whatever works for you to make it happen! In my option, the little extra money you spend is worth the time you save.
Speaking of fish, I have this spicy Chipotle Shrimp Taco Soup for you today! Not many ingredients in this bowl of yum, but what is in there is super tasty and flavorful. When I worked in Mexico, I ate this soup at a restaurant weekly. It was so good! I love it when a recipe comes from life experiences.
I did make this one super spicy by adding serrano peppers. If you don't want that much heat, use a jalapeño pepper and remove the seeds. It will still give the soup a nice kick along with the chipotle powder, which you should definitely not skimp on. It gives this Chipotle Shrimp Taco Soup that spot on flavor.
I get my shrimp delivered from Sizzlefish. Everything's single serve portioned and the fish is beyond delicious. The service is also extremely reasonably priced for the amount of fish you get. Do whatever it takes, right?
Chipotle Shrimp Taco Soup
- 1 lb shrimp defined, thawed with tails removed
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 2 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 serrano chili pepper diced, or jalapeño
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander ground
- Place onion, garlic and diced chili pepper in a large 7 quart pot and bring to medium heat.
- Cook 2-3 minutes until softened stirring occasionally. Add the spices to the pot and stir.
- Then add the diced tomatoes, broth and water. Bring the pot to a boil then immediately reduce to a low simmer.
- Add the shrimp and cover the pot. Cook another 10-15 minutes on a low simmer until shrimp is opaque.
- Serve once the shrimp is done.