Low Calorie Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies! Perfectly soft baked cookies made with real food ingredients! A healthier version of a childhood favorite made without any refined oil or sugar. Gluten Free + Low Calorie
Do you know how hard it is to find a Low Calorie Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie? Like really hard. During the holidays, I searched the internet for cookies that were lower in calories and made gluten free. Guess what? I didn't find any. They were either low calorie made with nothing close to whole foods ingredients, or they were gluten free loaded with a ton of sugar and butter.
Since I started eating gluten free two years ago for my Hashimoto's disease, this has been my challenge. Finding healthy, gluten free recipes that are waist friendly. Since, chocolate chip cookies are my all time FAVORITE and the guy won't eat any of my other chocolate chip cookies recipes because he refuses to eat oats, I was at my wits. So, I made my own and today, you're getting the recipe!
Now, buyer beware. These Low Calorie Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies are lower in sugar. I subbed applesauce to reduce the sugar in the recipe, and used extra virgin olive oil to make it more heart healthy. Extra virgin olive oil doesn't always work well in baking recipes, but this one was a winner!
I loved how light and fluffy these cookies turned out. Super chewy, and just enough sweetness to tame a sweet tooth. You can also make the batter ahead of time. Keep it in the refrigerator or freezer then take it out and bake. I find the batter gets even better when I do this.
Either way, these cookies are delightful. Perfect for a lunch box or late night snack. But truthfully, I love that I now have an EASY chocolate chip recipe I can go to that I know is macronutrient friendly and gluten free. P.S. If you're subscribed to Skinny Fitalicious Meal Plans, you will be seeing these on your weekly meal plans soon!
Low Calorie Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat over to 350 F. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flours, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients and fold to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place a heaping tablespoon on the prepared baking sheet to form a cookie. Repeat for the remaining batter, ~12 cookies.
- Bake at 350 F 8-10 minutes until lightly browned and set.
- Remove from the oven and carefully transfer to a wire baking rack to cool.