Healthy Baked Halibut with Italian flavor, lemon, tomatoes and green beans. A simple fish dinner that's tasty and effortless to make! Low Calorie + Low Carb + Gluten Free + Paleo
These summer weeks are flying by! Even with staying inside more, it feels like time still moves quickly during the summer months. We've been doing a lot of cooking and much less going out than we'd normally do in the summer.
More cooking at home can feel like you're stuck in a rut and be exhausted. And if you're anything like me, you don't want to be in the kitchen making complicated meals when the heat is on!
Healthy Baked Halibut
This healthy baked halibut recipe is definitely an easy recipe you can throw together with minimal planning and effort. Just toss together in a baking dish with veggies, olive oil and seasoning, bake and eat.
A wonderful low calorie meal that's filling and delicious!
I always keep Sizzelfish in my freezer for quick and easy meals. Having fish in my freezer means I can thaw it quickly on a sheet pan in the morning then toss it together with some veggies for whenever I don't have a real game plan for dinner.
Healthy, simple and requires minimal brain power which I'm all about!
What You Need
- Halibut or white fish of choice (I get mine here)
- Green beans
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Other herbs and spices of choice
How To Bake Halibut
Once you have your ingredients, the recipe comes together in a few simple steps. First, make sure the halibut (or whatever white fish you're using) is thawed. You can place frozen fish on as a sheet pan and it will thaw quickly at room temperature.
Pat the fish dry with paper towels on a plate. Slice the tomatoes and prep the green beans then add the veggies to a baking dish. Place the fish on top and drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice and sprinkle with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
Bake the fish until it is opaque and flakes easily then serve immediately!
What To Serve With Baked Halibut
- Rice or Quinoa - Cooked brown rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice would be a wonderful base to serve with baked halibut.
- Lentil or Beans - Cooked lentils or beans would make a delicious compliment to the cooked veggies and fish.
- Potatoes - A savory side of baked sweet potatoes or baby reds would pair perfectly with halibut too!
More Simple Baked Fish Recipes
- Sheet Pan Cod with Veggies
- Sheet Pan Fish Fajitas
- Lemon Garlic Scallops with Zucchini Noodles
- Everything Bagel Salmon
Healthy Baked Halibut
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the fish on a plate and pat dry with paper towels.
- Slice the tomatoes and prep the green beans then add them to a 13-inch by 9-inch casserole dish in an even layer. Place the halibut on top of the veggies.
- Drizzle the oil over the veggies and fish then drizzle the lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork and veggies are al dente. Serve immediately.