Crockpot Mongolian Chicken! An easy crockpot dinner recipe that's healthier than takeout, will save you money and satisfy the whole family! Simple, healthy and packed with out of this world Asian flavor! Gluten Free + Low Calorie + Paleo version
January is a hard month. I'm glad it's almost over. I'm probably the most structured and routine person, but even so, when January comes around it always seems to be tough. I don't know if it's post holiday blues or what.
I always find it really hard to get back into my routine, which is ironic because everyone else is blasting off starting new health goals. While I'm over here still wanting to sleep in and eat ALL THE COOKIES.
This month also feels weird because I had to stop swimming because the pool at my gym is being repaired. At first, it made me really sad because I LOVE to swim. It's my yoga. But it's also been good for me to try something new for a few weeks and work on things that I seem to put off when I'm working out.
When I feel not into what I'm doing like I do now, I switch things up. Change my workouts by trying new classes, or taking other instructors cycle classes to get new ideas for my own class. Make new recipes, find new snacks instead of relying on the usual lineup of meals and snacks.
There's definitely something to be said for doing new things to rejuvenate your energy and motivation! That's why I love this blog. It forces me to create new recipes!
Today I have another EASY crockpot recipe for you! Super easy to make.
When I made this, I found it was best to let the chicken soak in the flour mixture 10 minutes, but you can also whisk them flour mixture together them dump it in the crockpot with everything else for an easy dump in the crockpot and run meal.
If you're new here, dump and run means dump everything in the crockpot in the morning and run to work!
I did get an Instant Pot for Christmas. I haven't tried this recipe in it, but I have a sneaky suspicion this one, and many of my other crockpot recipes on the site will work. Let me know if you try it!
Crockpot Mongolian Chicken
- 1 lb chicken breast boneless, skinless, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 green onions for garnish
- 1/2 cup brown rice for Paleo replace with cauliflower rice
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut aminos, paprika, tapioca flour, garlic, sugar and ginger. Place chicken in the bowl and let it sit 10 minutes.
- Place all ingredients except green onions, sesame seeds and rice in a slow cooker. Cook on low 1-2 hours. until chicken is cooked and tender.
- Cook the brown rice or cauliflower rice while the chicken cooks.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green rice. Serve over brown rice or cauliflower rice.