Pumpkin Blueberry Chocolate Skillet Cake! Savor the flavors of fall with swirls of pumpkin and rings of blueberries & chocolate in a thick coconut flour skillet cake that’s healthy, EASY & addicting! The perfect Paleo + Gluten Free fall breakfast, dessert or snack.
Taste buds just aren’t the same after surgery. It’s been two weeks since hip surgery and they’re still not right. I’m not saying that’s entirely a bad thing when you’re watching what you eat to keep while you recovery, but it’s a bad thing when you’re a food photographer in the midst of the sweetest time of year testing out tasty treats.
I may be temporarily missing taste buds, but one thing is for sure. I’m not lacking a craving for chocolate. That is one food I’d refuse to give up regardless, much less in the form of a chocolate skillet cake bursting with rings of sweet blueberries and chunky pieces of rich, dark chocolate.
Oh, but the fun doesn’t stop there. This irresistible cake packed with thick, gooey coconut flour has creamy, spoonfuls of pumpkin nestled throughout the batter making it perfect for fall comfort food.
I’ll be the first to admit, I’ve fallen hard for this fall inspired Pumpkin Blueberry Chocolate Skillet Cake. It’s as good as falling madly in love with my dream man. Okay, so maybe I haven’t found him yet but we’ll pretend this cake is him until he makes his appearance.
Thick, doughy, cinnamony, maply, ooey gooey Pumpkin Blueberry Chocolate Skillet Cake. Just like its cousin, Pumpkin Blueberry Cashew Chocolate Chip Muffins, this cake has everything it has and then some.
I should know because I tested it. Not once, not twice. Okay, three times. What can I say? A girl needs her chocolate! And really, who wants a life without chocolate? If you are, then you and I need to talk because that’s just criminal!
But wooing aside, I’m a shortcut nerd when it comes to baking. I like taking the easy way out. I love a good dessert, but I don’t love hanging in my kitchen for hours making one. That’s where my handy cast iron skillet comes to the rescue! In 30 minutes, I have a decadent, mouthwatering cake ready to devour right from the skillet. Sharing optional.
This Pumpkin Blueberry Chocolate Skillet Cake may make an appearance at Thanksgiving or a holiday party. Just imagine, diving your spoon into a warm, skillet cookie cake with chocolate, pumpkin, blueberry goodness running down your spoon. Licking mandatory. Always mandatory, and don’t forget the crumbs either because you don’t want any of this to go to waste.
As far as I’m concerned, this heavenly goodness is guilt free with its made with 100% real food ingredients. Perfect with your favorite ice cream on top and for sharing. On second thought, you may want to keep it just for yourself!
3 Smart Strategies To Stop Cravings
BONUS when you sign up!
Pumpkin Blueberry Chocolate Skillet Cake
For the Cake:
For the Pumpkin Swirl:
- Preheat the oven 350 F. Grease an 8" skillet with coconut oil then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, syrup, vanilla, coconut milk and salt.
- In a separate smaller bowl, sift together coconut flour, tapioca flour and baking powder until ingredients are evenly dispersed.
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. After folding in half the flour mixture, stir in the coconut oil. Then continue folding in the remaining dry ingredients. Do not over combine as coconut flour is ultra absorbent.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared skillet spreading into an even layer. It should be thick and wet.
- Place the pumpkin on the top of the batter and using a small spoon swirl into the top of the batter.
- Arrange blueberries in a ring on top of the batter and gently press them in a bit. Repeat the same method for the chocolate.
- Bake at 350 F 25-30 minutes until the center of the cake has set and the outer edges are a bit brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool at room temperature 1 hour prior to serving.
Get a meal plan designed to meet your weight loss goals.