Meal Prep Thai Almond Chicken! Packed with flavor and nourishment, this meal prep recipe is quick to make and filling. Made in 30 minutes, you will love this creamy, Thai flavored chicken. Paleo + Low Calorie + Gluten Free + Low Carb
Meal prep Saturday is back! During the summer months when there's vacations and I'm off schedule, staying on track with meal prep seems trickier. The kitchen is the last place I want to be when it's 110 in Phoenix.
Instead of giving up and eating whatever (which ends up being snacks instead of meals), I focus on making simpler meals that take less time and less mental capacity. Fewer ingredients with fresh produce that require minimal cooking. I never want to turn my oven on when it's summer. There's already enough heat in the house!
This Meal Prep Thai Almond Chicken is perfect for prepping a healthy lunch or dinner! It' simple to make, has few ingredients and tastes amazing. The sauce seriously is spot on. I'm sure it will be making appearances for future recipes.
I used almond butter for the sauce, but tahini or peanut butter will work too. I rotate my nut butters in my meals to give my body different nutrients so it doesn't get too used to certain foods. When I was losing 80 pounds, I always ate the same foods over and over.
It was safe, but really it was boring and it's much more freeing once you realize that you can eat other foods and manage your weight. Something I talk about more in living beyond the scale!
Give this meal prep a try this summer! It may not look like a lot of food, but it's very filling. High in protein and healthy fat and has a ton of veggies. Tag @skinnyfitalicious on Instagram if you make it!
More Meal Prep Ideas
Meal Prep Thai Almond Chicken
For the sauce:
For the meal prep:
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 red bell pepper sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup purple cabbage shredded
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Add the extra virgin olive oil.
- Chop the chicken breast into cubes, about 1-2 inches then place in the skillet and sprinkle with salt, pepper and ground ginger.
- Stir together and cook stirring frequently until chicken is cooked through about 8-10 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, mix together the sauce by combing the water, Sriracha, almond butter, lime juice and coconut aminos.
- Whisk until smooth then add the sauce to the skillet and coat the chicken completely with it. Cook another 2-3 minutes until bubbly.
- Reduce the heat and divide the chicken into 4 meal prep containers. Add the shredded carrots, shredded cabbages dividing them evenly among the meal prep containers.
- Slice the red bell pepper lengthwise and add it to the containers.
What I Used For The Recipe