Meal Prep Margarita Chicken! This lightened up chicken is marinated and cooked in a skillet with spices. Paired with cilantro lime cauliflower rice and salsa for an EASY, low carb dinner or lunch. Perfect for busy week days! Low Carb + Paleo + Low Calorie + Gluten Free
It's the weekend and you know what that means. It's time to meal prep! I know summer can be a tough time for people to stay on track. It's easy to fall off the wagon because schedules vary more in the summer so here's a few tips to help you stick to your healthy eating throughout the warm weather months!
First, keep meals simple. It can be as simple as grilled chicken with salsa or turkey burgers with green beans. Simple meals are best during the summer and are easiest to prep when we're busy.
This Meal Prep Margarita Chicken with cauliflower rice is an example of a super easy meal. Takes 30 minutes to make, has minimal ingredients and is filling and delicious!
Second, prioritize lean protein and a green vegetable at every meal. During the summer it's easy to graze on a lot of junk. By always making protein and a vegetable a standard at each meal, you will have less cravings and desire to eat junk food because your blood sugar will be more stable.
Third, keep your freezer filled with frozen veggies, burgers, fish, chicken, lean grass-fed beef, etc. Having those things on hand makes it easy to throw together a quick meal when you're in a bind. Life happens and when it does, you will be thankful you have these easy go-to's at your fingertips.
Okay, now for some Margarita Chicken!
No boring chicken here! I'm always looking for easy ways to flavor up my favorite protein and this is one of them. This easy meal prep is made in a skillet in 30 minutes. You can also grill or bake the chicken. I try to avoid turning on the oven in the summer due to the heat. Instant Pot or Crockpot would work too.
Hope you like the recipe and the tips!
Meal Prep Margarita Chicken
For the Chicken:
For the Rest:
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup salsa
- Limes for serving
- Whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, honey, wine, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Transfer to a plastic bag with the chicken breast and marinade a minimum of 20 minutes in the refrigerator. It's best refrigerated overnight and an also be marinaded frozen. Be sure to thaw if frozen before cooking in a skillet.
- Preheat a large skillet to medium heat. Transfer the chicken to the skillet with the juices from the marinade. Cook 20-30 minutes flipping the chicken every 5-10 minutes. Cover the skillet for the last 10 minutes. Check the chicken before removing from the skillet to ensure it is cooked through.
- While the chicken cooks, place the cauliflower rice in a separate skillet with the lime juice. Bring the skillet to a medium heat to let the juice simmer. Cook 5-10 minutes until tender. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
- Prepare the meal prep by placing one chicken breast in a meal prep container, dividing the cauliflower rice evenly among the 4 containers along with the salsa. Serve with sliced limes.
What I Used For The Recipe