Low-Calorie English Muffin Pizza is a healthy way to get your pizza fix! Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy healthy pizza in under 4 minutes.
Many of you love pizza (who doesn't?) and so many of you said my Tortilla Pizza recipe was a great option for getting your pizza fix, I thought I'd share another low calorie pizza option with you today.
Honestly, I'm not sure why I haven't shared this before. English Muffin Pizzas are something I've encouraged my clients and boyfriend to enjoy for a long time!
English Muffin Pizza
What You Need
- English Muffins - I recommend a whole grain sprouted one or a Gluten Free one like this. You can also make your own English muffins the microwave!
- Pizza Sauce - look for one with no added sugar.
- Cheese - low moisture mozzarella
- Italian Seasoning
- Toppings of choice
- Avocado Oil Spray - I do not recommend olive oil as it is inflammatory when used above 350 F.
Healthy Toppings for Pizza
- Turkey Pepperoni - look for uncured, no sugar added.
- Chicken Sausage - look for no sugar added.
- Shredded Chicken
- Veggies - sautéed spinach, mushrooms, bell peppers or whatever you like on pizza will work!
- Pesto - you can use this recipe to make your own.
- Sauces - BBQ or Buffalo are always favs!
How to Make English Muffin Pizza
It's so easy to make these, it will blow your mind! Start by preheating the oven to broil and slicing your English muffin in half. Place the halved English muffins on a sheet pan and spray lightly with avocado oil spray.
Broil for two minutes then remove from the oven. Top with sauce, Italian seasoning, protein and veggies, cover with cheese then pop under the broiler another two minutes.
Remove and eat!
What to Serve with Pizza
I always recommend serving pizza with protein and veggies. Since English muffins are small, I recommend serving a large side salad with tons of veggies and some protein to balance out the meal.
This way you do not feel deprived of eating pizza and at the same time, are not tempted to eat a ton of English muffin pizzas. I hope this is helpful!
Low Calorie English Muffin Pizza
- 1 English Muffin gluten free
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pizza sauce sugar free
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low moisture mozzarella
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Optional toppings: turkey pepperoni, chicken sausage, shredded chicken, veggies, sauces
- Preheat the oven to high broil. Slice the English muffin in half and place on a sheet pan. Spray lightly with avocado oil spray.
- Broil 2 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Top the English muffin with the pizza sauce and Italian seasoning. Add optional toppings as desired then top with cheese.
- Broil another 1:30-2:00 minutes until the cheese is melted then serve!
- English Muffin Pizzas can be frozen up to 30 days. Thaw and bake at 350 F 3-5 minutes until warm.