Gluten Free English Muffin! Made with 5 ingredients in the microwave. This breakfast bread doubles as sandwich bread and is a lighter and healthier way to enjoy bread! Low Calorie + Gluten Free + Vegan
Since I posted low carb almond flour English muffins, I've had a TON of requests for more quick and healthy breakfast breads. Everyone loves that recipe.
If you haven't tried it, it's definitely a must try! Like this gluten free English muffin, it only takes 2 minutes in a microwave to make.
The women in my weight loss coaching love that English muffin recipe as well (they're always posting it in the group!) and I can't say I blame them. It's macro friendly and incredibly filling.
Funny how much EASIER it is to stick with a healthy way of eating when you have easy recipes you enjoy that are quick to make!
They (and you guys) have been requesting versions using different flours so here you are!
Gluten Free English Muffin
Gluten Free English Muffin! No dairy, no eggs so Vegans can enjoy it too! Made simply with rolled oats and chia seeds. You only need 5 ingredients, a blender, bowl, microwave and two minutes. And yes you DO have two minutes for a healthy breakfast in the morning.
There's no added chemicals or sugar like store bought breads. That's my biggest pet peeve with store bought breads. There's VERY few brands that don't have added sugar and chemicals which is why I make my own and it's so easy too!
What You Need
My most important tip is to let the bread cool after you microwave it. The bread firms up at room temperature making it easy to slice.
I actually prefer making several of these gluten free English muffins and storing in the refrigerator so they're easy to grab in the morning.
To eat, I slice mine in half then pop in the toaster before spreading homemade chia jam or nut butter on it. I also use this gluten free English muffin to make breakfast sandwiches.
Two minute microwave eggs are perfect for topping this bread for a quick, healthy breakfast!
Tag SkinnyFitalicious on Instagram and Facebook if you make it. I love seeing your creations!
Gluten Free English Muffin
- In a blender, blend the gluten free oats, chia seeds and baking powder together.
- Transfer the flour mixture to a small bowl then add the applesauce and almond milk. Stir the ingredients together. Note, if using a different milk the consistency may be different and the ingredients may not absorb. Add an extra 1/2 to 1 tbsp milk if necessary.
- Flatten the dough with your hands into the shape of an English muffin.
- Microwave on high 2 to 2:30 minutes (microwaves vary) then remove from the microwave and cool in the bowl 5 minutes.
- Once cooled, remove from the bowl, slice in half and enjoy!
What I Used For The Recipe