Paleo Coconut Pancakes! Thick, fluffy pancakes packed with fiber, protein and good for you ingredients. Guaranteed fullness and breakfast deliciousness! Paleo + Gluten Free + Low Calorie
This Paleo Coconut Pancakes recipe was originally published April 2016. I've retested and reshot the recipe. I hope you enjoy it!
What I look forward to most on Sunday (other than sleeping in) is making a batch of healthy pancakes and these Paleo Coconut Pancakes could not be any more perfect.
Thick, dense and full of flavor, they're a sure way to satisfy any hunger bug! Packed with 3 grams of protein and fiber this stack is guaranteed to keep you full until lunch. And you know what else? They're only 68 calories per cake. Uh.huh.uh.huh!
Paleo Coconut Pancakes
Now for those of you that think pancakes are complicated these Paleo Coconut Pancakes are not. They're VERY EASY and I'm all about easy well, I'm time management challenged. Aren't well all these days? Ironic how all this technology has made our lives busier instead of easier.
Who doesn't love to spend hours on Facebook, Google or Instagram consuming a million calories of content? While you're mindlessly scrolling, dive into a stack of Paleo Coconut Pancakes. I always rotate them into my weekly meal planning because they're quick to make and incredibly filling! That means I don't have to make as much food when I make these.
What You Need
- Coconut Flour
- Tapioca Flour
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Dairy Free Milk
- Hand Mixer
- Electric Griddle
If you're challenged making pancakes with having them fall apart when you flip them or having to use a bucket of coconut oil so they don't stick, use an electric skillet. I highly recommend it! My Mom bought me one a few years ago and it makes pancake making EASY.
Nothing sticks (and coconut flour is notorious for sticking!) so you can flip your pancakes with ease. No cooking spray or oil is needed, and you pancakes turn out evenly and smooth on both side. Truly the best solution for making pancakes! I've never looked back.
Perfect Paleo Coconut Pancakes
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs with honey, milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract with a hand mixer. Blend until eggs are fluffy as clouds 2-3 minutes.
- Next add baking soda, baking powder, tapioca flour and mix with hand mixer just to combine.
- Then fold in coconut flour and stir by hand. Be careful to not over mix as coconut flour is extremely absorbent.
- Heat an electric griddle or skillet to medium heat. If using a skillet spray with nonstick coconut oil spray. Scoop a 1/4 cup of the batter and add to the skillet.
- Cook 3-4 minutes until small bubbles form in the center of the pancakes then flip to cook another 2 minutes until lightly browned on both sides.
- Remove from skillet and place on a baking rack to cool. Repeat for entire batter then devour!
What I Used For The Recipe